A cheesy, chickeny lasagna with white sauce for your taste buds delight. Every one in your family will love it.
Today I’m happy to have another one of my blogging friends visit with you guys and has she got a great recipe for you. Jesseca from One Sweet Appetite is here sharing a delicious white chicken lasagna today, which looks amazing. Plus its freezer friendly. Does someone want to make a batch of this for me and bring it over to stick in my freezer for one of those days when I’m desperately in need of a good home cooked meal, but just too tired and busy to make one?
Hi everyone! My name is Jesseca and you can find me over on One Sweet Appetite. I am so excited to be guest posting here at Like Mother Like Daughter. Food is my passion and sharing great recipes is my job. This white chicken lasagna is high on our list. It’s got a lot going for it.
1. It’s pasta and I have a serious carb addiction.
2. It’s freezer friendly.
3. It’s kid approved.
It’s rare that I get all three of those in one meal! I like to double this batch and keep half in the freezer for busy days or if I need to take a meal to a friend. It’s a crowd pleaser and a staple in my home!
White Chicken Lasagna
- 9 no-bake lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan (divided)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups ricotta
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly mist a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in the chicken broth and the milk.
- Simmer until slightly thickened and remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 cups of mozzarella, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, basil, and oregano.
- Pour 1/3 of your sauce mixture into your prepared pan.
- Layer the noodles followed by the ricotta, chicken, and fresh spinach.
- Smoother in 1/3 of the sauce and repeat the layers once more.
- Top with the remaining noodles, sauce, and cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
recipe adapted from AllRecipes
If you want to freeze this for later follow the steps up to before you put it in the oven. Cover with heavy duty foil and place in a giant resalable bag. I like to use those disposable 9×9 tin containers to help keep the mess down later.
Hopefully you all love this meal as much as we do. Congrats Aimee on your new arrival! Can’t wait to see that cute little baby!
Thanks so much to Jess for coming over today with this yummy recipe. She’s got lots of amazing recipes on her blog too, so be sure to check it out here. Be sure to follow her: Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter