This spinach artichoke pizza has a basil pesto base, healthy spring vegetables of spinach and artichokes, creamy goat cheese, and a dash of Parmesan for a yummy flavorful pizza.
Photo Update: 5/10/16
I love pizza. If there was a food that I could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner it would be pizza. I used to be strictly a pepperoni pizza girl, then I expanded to Canadian bacon and pineapple, and finally came the vegetarian pizza. In Bulgaria, I even had a pizza with a fried egg in the middle of it and that was quite tasty.
But today I am sharing with you a new favorite, spinach artichoke pizza. Who knew a meatless, stuffed with healthy spinach, topped off with goat cheese pizza would taste so good. Not me. But I am learning to try new foods and to not hesitate to experiment with a recipe or two.
Sometimes it is hard or scary to try new things. I am trying to learn Italian and although the studying process is not scary it is hard. I am taking it one step at a time. Like today I learned that the word for today is oggi and for tomorrow is domani. Also the word for kitchen is cucina and the translation for spinach artichoke pizza is gli spinaci pizza di carciofi (the spinach pizza with artichokes.) That is one of the hard parts, sentence structure changes.
But don’t let the unique and interesting combination of spinach artichoke pizza scare you off, it’s not so hard to make, and quite easy to devour.
Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- pizza dough*
- 4 oz. basil pesto
- 1 cup spinach (washed, chopped)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 4 oz. goat cheese (to taste)
- 1 oz fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with pizza stone in oven.
- On a cornmeal covered pizza peel roll out your dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread pesto over the dough.
- Sprinkle with spinach and artichokes all over.
- Grate Parmesan cheese over the top
- Drop goat cheese in small bits over the top of your pizza,
- Transfer from pizza pie to pizza stone in hot oven.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until crust is brown and cheese is golden.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, cut and serve.
Enjoy this delicious pizza for dinner or lunch, and its great as leftovers too!
What new and hard maybe even a little bit scary things are you doing?