This is for that fresh “you make yourself” pizza dough, ready in 30 minutes, top with your favorites pizza toppings day
Pizza delivery is sometimes the “this is all I can handle to make for dinner tonight.” But for the times when you really want more control and better ingredients we have an amazing easy and quick pizza dough recipe for you.
When you are using fresh yeast, this pizza dough will rise in 30 minutes while you prepare your favorite pizza toppings. Once the dough has doubled, roll the pizza dough out on your pizza stone or a cookie sheet. Spread your favorite pizza sauce whether it be marinara, pesto, or white sauce all over. Now top with your favorite toppings of pepperoni and black olives, or bbq chicken with green onions, or artichokes with goat cheese or whatever it might be.
That’s the great thing about making homemade pizza dough and pizza, it is all your choice. Be as creative as you want.
You could even divide this pizza dough and make two small pizzas and everyone can creative their own.
Let’s have at it!
- 1 cup warm to touch water
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast (1 pkg)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 TBS white sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, add warm water, yeast, vegetable oil, sugar, and cream of tarter
- Swish together and let sit for 5 minutes to proof the yeast
- Mix in the flour 1 cup at a time, mixing completely between each cupful
- Once all flour is added, knead with the dough hook or by hand for about 10 minutes
- Roll dough into a ball, place in a lightly oiled bowl, and cover and place dough in a warm area
- Once dough has doubled, remove from bowl and roll out on a lightly sprinkled with cornmeal pizza stone or cookie sheet
- Add favorite sauce and toppings
- Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until dough is cooked throughout
Nate is the expert dough maker at our house. Honestly, I don’t ever make the dough (for pizza). But, he’s totally a pro now. And he’s decided that this will now be our go-to dough. Its mixes so well with our kitchen aid, and turns into such a good little ball. He loves the consistency of this dough, so after 2 times making it in one week there will probably be many more to come.
If you are needing a little pizza inspiration, we have you covered: