Banana Blueberry Bread
Oh, how I love a good banana bread. This one just took it to the next level by making it into a banana blueberry bread.. I combined two recipes taking the best of each part and made one. The original 2 recipes are found here - Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze and Sugar-free Blueberry Banana Bread. The spelt flour idea came from my sister in law’s blog Grain Crazy because she is always using new kinds of flour. I loved that I have been able to find all kinds of flour at my local WinCo store in their bins section. I believe you could use all purpose completely or perhaps a little whole wheat instead of the spelt. I believe it is the addition of blueberries and coconut that makes this just so, so good. I have fallen for these two flavors a lot lately, using them in so many good ways. The blueberries I have been adding to salads, pancakes and my mouth. The coconut to more cookies than I ever really need to eat. I hope you will enjoy this recipe, I think it is delicious and wish I was not giving the loaf away.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1 TBS. flaxseed
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter (this probably made all the difference but I always prefer applesauce but did not have any)
- 2 eggs
- 3 small to medium bananas
- 1 6 oz container peach Activa yogurt (use whatever yogurt you have, it just adds a new dimension)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 1 9×5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter and mix in sugar. Add eggs one at time and mix in well.
- Add bananas and mash while mixing in.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and blend in well.
- Add flours, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Blend in well.
- The first few steps you could use a hand mixer but now just gently stir in with a large spoon the coconut and blueberries.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes, until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Mine took 60 minutes. I had enough for 1 mini loaf also that took 55 minutes to cook.
- Cool in pan 5 to 10 minutes, remove gently and cool on wire rack. After cooling, serve and eat.