I’ve been eyeing this recipe on Pinterest for a little while now. Ever since about a month ago I asked for suggestions on what I should make for dinner, and you gave the suggestions of: fresh soup and salad, veggie centric, and grilled chicken with cilantro cream sauce (Which sounds amazing, by the way).
Anyway, since that day I was looking at the soup recipes I’d pinned and couldn’t get this one out of my head. It’s pretty healthy too, considering its got vegetables and chicken, chicken broth to add some sodium and its only got a little bit of whipping cream to add fat. Besides, even if its not as healthy as a traditional chicken noodle soup, its absolutely delicious and you should totally make it.
Ps. I don’t really know how to describe the flavors in this soup. You don’t actually add curry spices to the soup but everything together comes out to be curry-ish. And I think I’d say its a carribean kind of curry (if that even exists – because it reminds me of flavors when my friend made curry and we had it with plantains and beignets).
And that’s enough of my rambling, here’s the yummy recipe:
Chicken Curry Soup
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 1/2 TBS garlic
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 tomato, diced
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS sugar
1 TBS ground coriander
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 bay leaf
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 sprinkle red cayenne pepper
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
6 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup whipping cream
1. In a large pot, saute onions and carrots in olive oil until soft. About 10-15 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and ginger powder and saute another 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato. Add the spices. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the shredded chicken and stir well.
5. Add the chicken broth and over medium heat bring the soup to a simmer. Simmer the soup for about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in the whipping cream.
Enjoy. Its good with a side of bread, and would be great over fresh rice also.