Nate and I discovered this cute little place called The Chocolate, and we go often, or whenever we can find an excuse. We order the chocolate chip and peanut butter cazookie, and it has now become my absolute favorite dessert in the whole world.
What is a cazookie, or pizookie you ask? Its basically a slightly under cooked, giant cookie topped with ice cream.
I have been wanting to post a pizookie recipe for over a year and a half now. But, I had to get the recipe just right. I’ve searched online for a recipe that will make one, or two, or even three servings of cookie dough to make this sweet dessert, and found a couple, but most just say to use enough cookie dough from your favorite recipe, or store bought to fill a ramekin or 4 or 5 inch pan.
I’m not sure sure if this recipe is quite perfect, but it is delicious. We’ve made these twice this week already, that’s how delicious they are.
2 TBS beaten egg
4 TBS butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup + 2 TBS flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or white chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, etc.)
vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat your oven to 525 degrees.
2. Beat 1 egg in a magic bullet, food processor or with a fork. Separate 2 TBS of it into a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips; melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and baking powder. Mix well. (Dough will be dry and crumbly)
4. Pour in chocolate chips and mix by hand.
5. Scoop dough together and form a ball with it.
6. Divide dough equally into 2 or 3 pieces.
7. Put dough into ramekins or pizookie pans
. Press down slightly, spreading evenly throughout pan.
8. Put it oven and bake for about 9 minutes for pizookie pans
, 6 minutes for ramekins.
9. Remove from oven and top with vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy this gooey delicious warm cookie!