Today we have Alli from from Cupcake Diaries visiting the blog. She is sharing a delicious and refreshing summer drink recipe. Yum. Take it away Alli!
Hello, Like Mother Like Daughter readers! I am so thrilled to be here today. I’m Alli and I blog over at Cupcake Diaries, where I share cupcake recipes to crock pot recipes and everything in between. I’m a stay-at-home mom of two (soon to be three!) busy little boys, ages four and two. I’m a self-taught home cook who loves to bake, party, and tell all about it on my blog! I love being the hostess and sharing my culinary creations with others. I would love for you to stop by and say hi sometime!
You are looking at one of my very favorite drinks in the history of all drinks. I worked at an Italian restaurant for almost 10 years where my friend turned brother-in-law came up with his own version of this fabulously refreshing concoction. It is seriously so good. And with zero alcohol, the entire family can enjoy this delicious Strawberry Blonde drink!
This recipe has only four ingredients, including the ice. That’s it! The strawberry part of this drink comes from frozen strawberries you get at the store. Simply let the strawberries thaw then place the entire contents in the blender. Press that puree button and watch the magic happen. You’ll have a wonderful strawberry soup in just seconds. Place the pureed strawberries in a container you can put a lid on so you can use some of if for a drink or two, then save the rest for later.
This is where the magic happens. This recipe calls for ice, half strawberries, half pina coloda mix, and a splash of orange juice. And that’s it! Blend everything together and you’ve got yourself an amazing and delicious drink for summer. Happiness is. (Measurements of drink will vary depending on the size of glass.)
- 33.8 oz bottle Master of Mix pina colada mixer (found in your grocery store with other drink mixers)
- 16 oz. bag frozen strawberries, thawed and pureed
- prepared orange juice
- strawberry and pineapple slices, to garnish (optional)
- Fill the glass or glasses you're using for the drinks with ice. Pour ice in the blender.
- Fill blender halfway up the ice with pureed strawberry. Pour pina colada mixer over the ice the other half of the way to nearly cover. Add a splash of orange juice.
- Blend together well till there are no ice chunks. Garnish with strawberry and pineapple slices and serve with a straw.
And here are a couple more of my favorite summer recipes!
Thanks so much to Alli for visiting us today. This strawberry blonde looks seriously refreshing and perfect for summer. I can’t wait to give it a try! Be sure to check out Alli’s blog Cupcake Diaries for a lot more delicious recipes. And be sure to follow her on social media too! Facebook - Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter