Hot chocolate comes in cookie form with these delicious hot chocolate cookies! A soft, rich, chocolate cookie topped with melted chocolate and a gooey marshmallow! Just like your favorite cup of cocoa!
When the days are even a little bit cold, I love having the excuse to make a big cup of hot cocoa. These hot chocolate cookies have the same great taste of a mug of cocoa in cookie form!
As soon as I saw the idea for hot chocolate cookies I knew I just had to make them!
These hot chocolate cookies are a rich soft chocolate cookie, topped with melted chocolate and a gooey marshmallow.
These cookies would be perfect for a Christmas or other holiday party! And they’re extra great served with a big mug of hot cocoa, or a cold glass of milk for the ultimate chocolatey treat.
There isn’t much better than curling up in front of a hot fire with a big blanket and a big cup of hot chocolate filled with lots and lots of marshmallows! The only way to make it better is to have a big plate of these cookies too!
To make the cookies you’ll melt together some butter and chocolate chips. I used a mix of semi sweet, milk chocolate and bittersweet chocolate chips because its what I had. Allow the chocolate to cool for several minutes. In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients – you’ll need flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Then in another large bowl you’ll cream together your brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
Add your melted chocolate mixture to your egg mixture. Then slowly add in your dry ingredients while stirring slowly until mixed. Cover your bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (The dough is like a thick cake batter before refrigerated, so you’ll need it to firm up a good amount). Roll your dough into 1 1/2 -2 inch cookie dough balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
Bake for 10 minutes. Top with a piece of chocolate and marshmallow and cook for another few minutes until the marshmallow is nice and gooey and then you’re done!
- ½ cup butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24-25 large marshmallows
- 1 large chocolate bar
- Melt together your butter and chocolate chips in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Allow chocolate to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients (Your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together your brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add your slightly cooled, melted chocolate mixture to your egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients while stirring until mixed.
- Cover your bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (The dough is like a thick cake batter before refrigerated, so you'll need it to firm up a good amount).
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll your dough into 1½ -2 inch cookie dough balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies start to crack.
- Meanwhile, cut your marshmallows in half and cut your chocolate into ½ inch pieces (I cut each piece from the bar into 3 pieces)
- Remove from oven and top each cookie with a piece of chocolate and marshmallow and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over the top of your marshmallows if desired.