These blueberry turnovers are light and flaky and filled with a sweet blueberry filling and are so delicious for breakfast or dessert!
**These blueberry turnovers are made using SPLENDA® Brand as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps #MadeInAmerica All opinions are my own.
It’s ending the near of summer season, and I’m hanging on to every last drop of summer that I can (except for the heat! go away please!) but some of you are already probably preparing for fall and back to school season. These berry turnovers are the perfect dessert for either person, whether you’re enjoying the last berries of the season, or thinking of after school treats for your kiddos.
These turnovers are simple and easy to make, because they start with a store bought puff pastry dough, and are stuffed full of a fresh blueberry, SPLENDA® Granulated sweetener (to cut back on the added sugar), corn starch and water mixture. Top with optional “powdered sugar” glaze, which totally takes them to the next level.
You could also make these with fresh raspberries. I did half of mine blueberry and half raspberry. For the raspberry I would add 1 additional TBS of SPLENDA® Granulated to the berry mixture.
Everyone will love these sweet and easy pastries. They are flaky, light, filled with the best fruity filling and your family will devour them in minutes!
- 1 box Puff Pastry Dough (2 sheets)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 TBS SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBS water
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Granulated
- 3 TBS corn starch
- 2 TBS skim milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Thaw your puff pastry dough according to package directions.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a small sauce pan, combine blueberries, Splenda, cornstach, and water.
- Stir carefully together over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until bubbling nicely and thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cut pastry dough into 4 squares per sheet.
- Put 1-2 TBS of filling in the middle of each square.
- Whisk together water and egg to create and egg wash.
- Brush egg wash over each edge of the pastry dough and fold in half to make a triangle. Press edges together with fingers.
- Pierce the top of each turnover with a fork or knife to let steam escape.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Brush remaining egg wash over the tops of turnovers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Blend Splenda and cornstarch over high speed in a blender until a fine powder is formed (that should be the consistency of powdered sugar)
- Whisk together with additional glaze ingredients, add more liquid or more sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over each turnover and serve.
For more delicious desserts using Splenda Sweeteners, try these: