A deliciously soft, caramely popcorn that you will be making over and over again.
I actually don’t love store bought caramel popcorn. Its too hard, and I don’t really love the flavor. But homemade caramel popcorn is amazing. And this treat is so easy, that I have made it 3 times in the last month or so. (So, if you are only a fan of store bought caramel popcorn, this might not be the recipe for you). But let me tell you, it is delicious, and soft, and caramely, and perfect. Yum.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (1/2 can)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn (5 quarts popped corn)
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, put butter, white sugar, brown sugar, condensed milk and corn syrup.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. (6 minutes total).
- Meanwhile, pop corn. (Using a popcorn popper, or if you know how to do it on the stove top). Place in 2 bowls.
- When caramel is done microwaving, add vanilla and baking soda. Stir.
- Pour about half of the caramel over one of the bowls of popcorn. Stir.
- Add a little more popcorn then a little more caramel, while stirring, until everything is added.
Enjoy this gooey caramel popcorn for a delicious sweet snack!
If you like this caramel popcorn, you should try our: