Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are the best fall breakfast, perfectly moist, with the perfect pumpkin flavor, stuffed full of cinnamon sugar and topped with a cream cheese frosting!
These pumpkin cinnamon rolls are so delicious. They’re soft and tender rolls, filled with a sweet brown sugar, cinnamon and the perfect blend of fall spices. All topped with a tangy and sweet cream cheese frosting. They’re so good for breakfast or brunch, or sweet enough for dessert too.
Pumpkin is one of the best flavors of the fall season. You’ve got your pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin bread and so many delicious pumpkin treats. This time, I decided to make another amazing new pumpkin dish – pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
These pumpkin sweet rolls have the perfect combination of fall flavors. You’ve got sweet pumpkin with cinnamon and nutmeg, and it all comes together topped with the best cream cheese icing.
These rolls would make a perfect Thanksgiving Day breakfast! But honestly they’re not hard to make, and they’d be perfect for breakfast any day of the week, or year! They’re sweet enough for a delicious fall dessert too.
How to Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:
Then you’ve got about 45 minutes for the dough to rise, and you can just go on and watch a TV show or two ;).
After rolling out the dough, you’ll spread the buttery cinnamon mixture across the dough. Roll it up and slice it into rolls.
Place the pan in the oven and watch as the rolls bake up. It’s only for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then top the rolls with the delectable smooth, tangy and sweet cream cheese frosting.
These rolls do require yeast, but don’t be intimidated, I’ve made these dozens of times, as well as other readers have made them without any issues!
I’ve made these with rapid rise yeast and regular rise yeast and either way you won’t want a double rise, the rolls actually overproof and then flatten when baking if you do a double rise, follow the instructions below as listed. If you use regular yeast you may need to increase the rising time from 45 minutes to 1 hour, but this will depend on the warmth of your house. Just remember to let the dough rise till doubled in size!
Pumpkin and cream cheese are a match made in heaven. Like in our pumpkin cake recipe, pumpkin and cream cheese frosting are just meant to go together.
I just can’t handle how tasty they are!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Rolls:
- 3/4 cup milk (warmed)
- 1 TBS yeast
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 egg
- 4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBS cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
For the Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 TBS milk
- Dissolve your yeast in your warmed milk in a large bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Add in your pumpkin, butter, brown sugar, salt, eggs, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon into your milk. Mix everything together.
- When the dough starts to pull from the edges, knead for 5 minutes until a large ball is formed.
- Remove your dough ball from the bowl and spray the bowl with nonstick spray. Put your dough back into the bowl and cover your bowl with a towel. Leave it to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, to 1 hour, until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly flour your counter top and roll your dough into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick and about 16x22.
- Coat your dough with your melted butter, covering completely.
- Combine your brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the surface of your dough covering completely.
- Roll your dough from the top edge to the bottom edge (so the roll is 22 inches).
- Carefully cut your roll into 1.5 inch slices and place them in a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan. You'll want 12 rolls, any extra dough can be discarded.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden and the dough is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the rolls are cooling, combine the ingredients for the frosting. Add a little more powdered sugar or a little more milk if you need to change the consistency of your frosting.
- Spread the frosting generously over the top of the rolls.
Recipe first posted on Nov 5th, 2014. Photos updated on October 5th, 2018.
If you like these pumpkin cinnamon rolls, I think you’ll like these too: