Chicken Caesar Salad Pitas are a delicious and easy caesar salad served up in a pita with grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, and caesar dressing. These pitas are the perfect easy lunch or dinner!
I really love Caesar salad. I love going to a restaurant and ordering a side Caesar salad to go with my meal. I don’t always want to get a whole big caesar salad because it seems silly to me to pay so much for something that is so easy to make at home.
These chicken caesar salad pitas could not be easier to make. It’s got the great taste and flavors of chicken caesar salad all wrapped up in a tasty pita.
It’s the same idea as my chicken caesar pasta salad, with the great flavors of caesar salad meets a pita wrap. Which makes these the perfect lunch or lighter option for dinner!
How to make Chicken Caesar Salad Pitas?
To make these easy wraps you’ll grill up some chicken, chop up some lettuce, then mix the up lettuce and chicken, with some parmesan cheese (shredded not grated), crunchy croutons, and some caesar dressing.
Toss it all into a pita, and your meal is ready to go. The pita makes this meal a great hand held option for eating pitas.
You can use pita pockets, and put the filling into the middle of the pockets, or just roll it up inside a pita, naan bread, or even a tortilla, like you would eat a taco.
I love just using caesar dressing from the store, to keep this meal quick and easy. But you can make some homemade dressing if you prefer.
I also like adding in some crumbled bacon or bacon bits to the mix, because it gives the salad a little extra saltiness. And I mean, bacon makes everything better, right?
What can I add to my caesar salad pitas?
- sliced or diced avocado
- diced tomatoes
- sunflower seeds, chickpeas, chopped peanuts, chopped almonds, or other seed or nut options
- sliced boiled eggs
- homemade croutons
These salad pitas are super easier and super delicious. Plus, I always feel pretty good about my eating habits when I’m scarfing down something full of lettuce like this, and it’s also super tasty right? Win win.
Looking for more Easy Salad Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chicken Caesar Salad Pitas
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup caesar dressing
- 4 pitas
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken thoroughly on a grill over medium high, or on the stove top.
- Allow chicken to rest for about 5 minutes, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cut lettuce into 1 inch sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, lettuce, croutons, and parmesan cheese.
- Pour caesar dressing over the top and toss all the ingredients together to fully coat them with the dressing.
- Place about a cup of salad mix into the pita pocket, or center of the pita and fold.
- Enjoy immediately.