This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Chicken Crescent Roll Ups recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- cooked and shredded chicken – this is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken, or you can cook up some chicken breasts on the grill, stove or slow cooker.
- cream cheese – a full block of cream cheese
- milk – any kind of milk will work, this helps mix the mixture of the chicken and cream cheese together
- salt and black pepper – for a little flavor
- refrigerated crescent roll dough – these make an easy, soft and pillowy cover for the chicken mixture, that gets nice and buttery, and flaky when baked.
- melted butter – to hold the bread crumbs onto the rolls
- Italian bread crumbs – to give the bread crumbs a yummy flavor and crunch
- cream of chicken soup – to make a super easy gravy for the roll ups.
How to make Chicken Roll Ups?
- Mix together the ingredients for the filling in a large bowl, you’ll need chicken, cream cheese, milk, and salt and pepper.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough, and separate it by the perforated triangles. Add a spoonful of filling to each triangle, and fold the corners at the bottom into the middle, then roll them up onto themselves.
- Dip the rolls into melted butter, then into bread crumbs.
- Spread them a couple inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake the rolls until the outsides are golden brown and the chicken is hot.
- Serve with gravy, if desired.
Tips to make Chicken Roll Ups:
- Try adding in some crumbled up bacon pieces to the chicken filling mixture. I like adding about 6-8 pieces of cooked bacon.
- Try adding some diced onion or mushrooms to the filling mixture, for a little more flavor and to get some veggies in there.
- Other mix in ideas are diced green onions, celery, bell peppers, jalapenos, chopped broccoli, corn, or diced green chilies, jalapenos.
- This recipe makes a lot, so you can cut the recipe in half to not make as many, or save them in the fridge for later.
What to serve with Chicken Crescent Roll-Ups?
- white rice
- mashed potatoes
- cheesy potatoes
- rice pilaf
- roasted veggies – green beans, broccoli, squash, etc.
- side salad
- Caesar salad
- fruit salad
How to store leftovers?
This recipe makes a lot, so chances are you might have leftovers. You’ll want to store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. They should stay good for up to 4 or 5 days.
Reheat the roll ups in the oven or airfryer to ensure the best results. But they can also be microwaved until warm as well.
Chicken roll ups can also be frozen. Wrap the individual rolls in plastic wrap or foil then place them all in a ziptop bag. Bring as many out as you need and let them thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature, then bake them again until warm.
These chicken roll ups are such a yummy dinner that the whole family will love. They have a great flavor, and are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chicken Crescent Roll Ups
For the Chicken Roll Ups:
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- 16 oz refrigerated crescent rolls (two 8oz cans)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
For the Chicken Gravy:
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper to a large bowl, and stir them together.
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles.
- Add a spoonful of chicken into the bottom of the triangle. Fold in the bottom corners and roll them up.
- Carefully dip the roll into butter, then into the Italian bread crumbs.
- Place the roll onto a cookie sheet. Repeat with additional rolls.
- Bake the rolls for 15 to 20 minutes until the rolls are lightly golden, and the filling is hot.
For the Chicken "Gravy"
- Add cream of chicken soup and milk to a small pot over medium heat, and stir them together until heated through.
- Serve sauce over the top of the baked rolls.
These chicken crescent roll ups were first posted on October 7, 2010. The photos and text were updated on August 8, 2022.
Leave a Reply