Halloween Ghost brownies are so easy to make for a fun Halloween treat!
I’m all about easy when it comes to making desserts to share at a party. These spooky Ghost brownies are the perfect solution for a Halloween party!
They start with a boxed brownie mix, or your favorite brownie recipe, top them with a large marshmallow covered in white chocolate, and decorated with black frosting to make a cute face!
I made these brownies as part of Cupcake Diaries 30 Days of Halloween Series. It’s my fourth year celebrating the holiday with Alli on the blog!
The first year I shared chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, then Halloween popcorn balls, and last year I shared some Halloween cookies and cream fudge! Be sure to check out the other posts in the series for more amazing Halloween recipes and printables that I know you’ll love!
These brownies are adorable and delicious so kids and adults both will love to eat them – or to help you decorate them! They’re perfect for a party, or just when you want a ghoulish treat!
- box brownie mix and large eggs, vegetable oil, and water as called for (or ingredients needed for homemade brownies)
- large marshmallows
- white chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- black gel or black icing
How to make Ghost Brownies?
This is a super easy recipe because our version uses a boxed brownie mix for the brownie base. You could use your favorite homemade brownie recipe instead, and just bake those up.
Combine brownie mix with the eggs, oil, and water in a large bowl as directed on the brownie mix box and spread the brownie batter into a rectangle or square pan. Bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean, and let the brownies cool completely.
Cut the brownies into squares and top each one with a marshmallow.
Add the white chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds until you can stir them totally smooth together. Using a spoon, carefully drip the melted chocolate over the tops of the marshmallows so they are covered all the way and the white chocolate also drips partially on the top the brownies. Let the chocolate set completely.
Add two eyes and a big ghost mouth onto the front side of each of the marshmallow ghosts to make a ghost face. Serve them up and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- Line the brownie pan with foil or parchment paper overlaying the edges of pan to help lift the brownies out of the pan after they’re done backing for easier cutting, and better lines.
- Cut the brownies with a plastic knife instead of metal. This makes them easier to cut and the fudgy brownies will actually stick less to the plastic keeping the edges cleaner.
- Do a variety of facial features on the marshmallows with the icing to change it up and make the cute marshmallow ghosts so fun!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to store homemade brownies?
Store the prepared ghost brownies in a tall airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
These brownies shouldn’t be frozen though because the white chocolate and marshmallow topping will not thaw well.
Do I need to refrigerate brownies?
Brownies do not need to be refrigerated (unless they were topped with some sort of frosting that needs it). They can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for a few days. But will last a couple days longer when kept in the fridge.
Make these cute Halloween brownies for your next Halloween party and watch them quickly disappear! They’re one of my favorite Halloween recipes, because of how easy, and fun they are, and I think you’ll love them too.
More Spooky Treats:
- Halloween Popcorn Balls
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Pretzels
- Mummy Hot Dogs on Homemade Interest
- 1 18 oz box brownie mix
- eggs, water, and oil (as called for on box)
- 15-18 large marshmallows
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 TBS coconut oil (or vegetable oil (to thin)
- black decorating gel (or frosting)
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or foil, and spray with non stick spray
- Preheat oven, prepare brownies and bake according to package directions.
- Allow brownies to cool and remove from pan using edges of foil or parchment
- Cut brownies into 15 - 18 individual pieces.
- Top each piece with a large marshmallow.
- Microwave white chocolate chips and oil, in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Using a spoon, carefully drip white chocolate completely over the tops of each marshmallow, so they are covered completely and it drips on to brownies.
- Allow white chocolate to set.
- Use black gel to make eyes and a mouth on each "ghost"