This Hot Wassail Recipe combines apple cider, pineapple juice and orange juice with a great cinnamon undertone for a perfect holiday drink! It can be made on the stove or in a slow cooker!
I love hot drinks, warm apple cider, a big cup of hot cocoa, or this hot wassail. This hot wassail is the perfect addition to any winter day or perfect for a holiday party!
This wassail is so easy to make and it can be made on the stove top or in a slow cooker. You just need all your ingredients to heat up together nicely, you can decide if you want it done in 30 minutes or a couple hours. You just want all the flavors to meld together nicely.
The slow cooker is a great way to keep the wassail nice and warm throughout a party or whatever event you might be serving it at too.
For this wassail you’ll need apple cider (100% juice), pineapple juice and orange juice. (You’ll want those to be 100% juice too). The citrus juices combine nicely with the sweet apple juice and your spices to make a delicious fall or wintery drink. Along with your fruit juices, you’ll add some whole cinnamon sticks and some ground up cloves. Also a dash of lemon juice and sugar.
You’ll add it all into your stock pot or slow cooker and let it all meddle together till the flavors mix up nicely.
This is the perfect drink for your upcoming Christmas party, or New Year’s Eve party. It would also be delicious to come home to after a snowy walk or a day sledding at the park. It’s so warm and delicious, and I think you’ll love it just as much as I do!
Looking for more hot drink recipes?
- Apple Cider Recipe
- Caramel Apple Spice Starbucks Copycat
- Peanut Butter Cup Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 8 cups 2 quarts apple cider (100% juice)
- 2 cups orange juice (100% juice)
- 2 cups pineapple juice (100% juice)
- 4 long cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar**
- 1 apple (sliced)
- 1 orange sliced
- 12 cinnamon sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan or in a slow cooker.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or heat in slow cooker on high for about 2 hours.
- Ladle into cups or mugs and enjoy! (Stir occasionally as your ladling so the spices don't all sink to the bottom)
- Serve with orange slices, apple slices, and cinnamon sticks to, if desired.
I love making swaps using SPLENDA® Sweetners to cut some of the added sugar out of my recipes. Be sure to follow SPLENDA® Brand on social media for more sweet swap ideas. Facebook. Twitter. Pinterest. Instagram.
GET READY TO MAKE THIS AMAZING HOT WASSAIL WITH THESE GREAT KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS: