This peanut butter cup hot chocolate is a rich peanut butter and chocolate drink, the perfect cup of hot chocolate for peanut butter cup lovers!
When the weather cools down, I love to warm up with a big cup of hot chocolate. This peanut butter cup hot chocolate is the perfect way to do that!
There’s something about curling up with a blanket, in a cozy sweater or sweatshirt, with the fireplace on, and a big cup of hot chocolate in hand. I’d like to say I’d be reading a book, but most likely I’d be bundled on the couch watching a show on Netflix.
This peanut butter cup hot chocolate tastes just like a peanut butter cup, except in hot drinkable form. I can’t say no to peanut butter and chocolate, just look at some of our amazing chocolate and peanut butter recipes, like these:
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bar Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzel Bites
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
This peanut butter hot chocolate is so rich. It’s made with real chocolate, that you melt up in the hot milk.
What is the difference between hot chocolate and hot cocoa?
Hot chocolate is made with actual chocolate that melts in the hot water or milk to make a rich chocolatey drink. Hot cocoa is made with cocoa powder, and is usually a little thinner, but may be sweeter than hot chocolate. However, a lot of times the names are used interchangeably.
You can make a cup of this in only a few minutes. You’ll chop up some chocolate, and set it aside. Warm up some milk on the stove top till it’s simmering. Add in the chocolate and peanut butter and stir it all till the hot chocolate is nice and creamy.
Top your drink with some whipped cream, or marshmallows, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup, or peanut butter, and a few mini peanut butter cups for good measure. As if the cup of hot chocolate isn’t enough on it’s own, you might as well dress it up a little, right? 😉 Go big or go home.
Looking for more Hot Drink Recipes?
- Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar
- Caramel Apple Spice Starbucks Copycat
- Hot Wassail Recipe
- Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peanut Butter Cup Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 TBS sugar
- 4 oz chocolate (chopped or chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- whipped cream
- peanut butter (zap in the microwave for 30 seconds to drizzle)
- chocolate syrup
- chopped peanut butter cups
- mini marshmallows.
- Add milk to a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir in some milk.
- Allow the milk to heat up until it just starts to bubble on the sides, and is hot throughout. (But watch it closely, you don't want the milk to boil.)
- Add in the chocolate and peanut butter and whisk until the chocolate is totally melted and creamy smooth throughout.
- Top with your favorite toppings.