These mini caramel pecan cinnamon rolls are simple to make, only 6 ingredients and such a delicious breakfast or dessert!
A couple weeks ago I shared a recipe for mini cinnamon rolls using crescent rolls. Today I wanted to share another variation of that recipe with you. These mini caramel pecan cinnamon rolls are just as easy to make, but instead of an icing they have a caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
These caramel pecan rolls are a perfect fall treat or breakfast! These rolls or the original would be perfect for a simple breakfast on Thanksgiving day! Completely delicious, but easy, so you don’t have to stress over making a time consuming breakfast for every one to enjoy and can concentrate on the other Thanksgiving food and goodies you’ll be making!
Another great thing about these caramel pecan cinnamon is they are only 6 ingredients to make. All you need is Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup and pecans. Grab a can or two from Walmart along with everything else you need and you can whip these cinnamon rolls in a jiffy!
You’ll open up your can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and pinch together the seams. Pinch together your two squares to create a long rectangle of dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten out your dough and make sure all the seams stay sealed. Spread your melted butter over the top of your dough. Set aside for a moment.
Combine your brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour caramel into 9×9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the caramel. Combine your cinnamon and your brown sugar and sprinkle the mixture evenly over your butter all over your dough. Roll your dough up to make a long roll and cut into 16 slices. Put your 16 mini cinnamon rolls into your baking pan over your caramel. Place pan into your preheated oven and bake up. Flip pan over onto a dish when their done baking and allow caramel to rest on the top. Enjoy caramel pecan rolls nice and warm!
These caramel pecan mini cinnamon rolls are perfectly sweet, great for an easy breakfast or dessert that all caramel or breakfast roll lovers will go crazy for!
Mini Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
For the Filling:
- 2 TBS butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 TBS brown sugar
For the Caramel Pecan Topping:
- 3 TBS butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS corn syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread your crescent roll dough out, and pinch together the seams from 4 of the triangles. Repeat with the 4 additional triangles and then press together the two squares to create one long rectangle.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth the seams and roll the dough into a nice rectangle. Set aside.
- Combine your butter, brown sugar and corn syrup for your caramel topping in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over medium high heat until mixture boils, stirring often to mix everything together.
- Pour caramel into a greased 9x9 in baking pan.
- Spread melted butter over the dough.
- Combine your cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar over the top of the dough.
- Roll into a long log and cut into 16 pieces.
- Place your cinnamon rolls into the caramel in your baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tops are golden.
- Allow pan to set for 2-3 minutes.
- Place a pan or dish over your baking dish, flip over together.
- Leave your baking dish over the cinnamon rolls for about a minute to allow caramel to fall down, and make sure cinnamon rolls fall down too.
- Enjoy warm.
I think these might become a new Thanksgiving day breakfast tradition! What is your favorite holiday tradition?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.