These monster cookie magic bars are a fun twist on 7 layer bars, they start with a ready to bake peanut butter cookie dough that is mixed with oats, then topped with chocolate, peanut butter chips, m&ms, and sweetened condensed milk, for a deliciously sweet, and fun cookie bar!
These delicious cookie bars are like monster cookies meet magic cookie bars, it’s the best of both treats, with all the great parts of both. It’s a dessert mashup you don’t want to miss. These bars are loaded with peanut butter, oats, lots of chocolate, and of course, sweetened condensed milk. You can’t have magic cookie bars without that.
Instead of the typical graham cracker crust these bars start with a store bought peanut butter cookie dough. It’s mixed with oats to get that yummy oat texture that we love from monster cookies. Then they’re topped with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, m&ms, and sweetened condensed milk.
These yummy bars are only 6 layers instead of 7 in traditional magic bars, but you could add some peanuts or pretzels for a nice salty crunch, and to add one more ingredient, if you want.
They’re the perfect dessert for peanut butter and chocolate lovers, and will totally be calling your name, again and again!
These monster cookie magic bars are sweet and hearty, they’re crunchy, and soft, and chewy, and also slightly gooey and sticky from the condensed milk and melty chocolate.
How to make Monster Cookie Magic Bars?
- Mix the cookie dough and oats together in a large bowl until they are thoroughly combined.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly into a 9×13 pan, that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookie dough for about 15 minutes.
- Top the cookie with half of the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the chips.
- Sprinkle additional peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and m&ms over the top of the sweetened condensed milk. Continue to bake the bars until the sweetened condensed milk is set. Let the bars cool before cutting and serving.
Tips for making Monster Cookie Magic Bars:
- You can substitute Reeses Pieces instead of the mini M&Ms.
- You can substitute regular M&Ms instead of mini M&Ms.
- You can add 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut, or peanuts. Make sure the coconut goes under the condensed milk.
How to store Monster Cookie Magic Bars?
You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for about 4 days, or in the fridge for up to a week. The bars are sticky, so if it’s warm where you live I definitely recommend storing these in the fridge to prevent the sweetened condensed milk from melting.
You can also freeze the bars. Let them cool completely, then wrap them individually in plastic wrap, or layer them with wax paper between them, then place a few in a freezer safe ziplock bag. Place them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Leave them out at room temperature to thaw overnight, and they’ll be as good as new!
These monster cookie magic bars are very rich and decadent. I suggest cutting them up into small pieces, then they’re perfect for serving up at a potluck, bbq, Christmas party (how fun would holiday colored m&ms be), birthday party, you name it.
These monster magic cookie bars are the best cookie bars ever! They’re the perfect soft and chewy texture, with lots of peanut butter and chocolate. They’re so easy, and so delicious!
More cookie bar recipes:
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Candy Bar Cookie Bars
- Turtle Cookie Bars
- Magic Coconut Chocolate Bars
- Sweet and Salty Magic Bars
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Monster Cookie Magic Bars
- 16 oz package peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (divided)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (divided)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup mini M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cookie dough and the oats together until the oats are evenly distributed into the dough.
- Gently press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the peanut butter chips, and 1/2 of the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the cookie bars.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the bars.
- Sprinkle with the remaining peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and m&ms.
- Bake the bars for an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until the sweetened condensed milk has set. (It will probably start to turn golden and caramelize around the edges, but should still be white in the center).
- Remove the bars from the oven and let them cool completely. Slice and serve.
magic bars 12100
7 layer bars 14800
magic cookie bars 14800
hello dolly bars 6600