This one pot lemon chicken pasta is a delicious 30-minute dinner. It’s a delicious creamy lemon sauce, covering pasta noodles, and chicken for a hearty, flavorful meal, everyone will love!
This one pot lemon chicken pasta is an easy meal the whole family will love. With a fresh creamy sauce made of whipping cream and fresh lemon, it’s a refreshing sauce, that coats the pasta and chicken. It’s a perfect weekday meal because it’s ready in no time, is filling, and so delicious!
It seems we can never find enough time to do everything we want. There is always work, school, playdates, housework, yard work, etc. We are busy! There are some days I just want to sit outside and play with the kids on our playset, or all watch a movie together, but sometimes we hardly even have time for that! I’m sure many of you can relate.
Somewhere in our busy days we need to make dinner too. And I mean a healthy, delicious meal, not just a bowl of cereal 😉 That’s where this lemon chicken pasta comes in. It’s a delicious, filling, chicken and pasta dish that the whole family will love!
How to make One Pot Lemon Chicken Pasta?
You will first saute a little garlic in your pan. Then add the uncooked pasta noodles and water to the pan. Cook the pasta until it’s cooked to your desired doneness (I like al dente).
Then add in some cream, fresh squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, and the chicken and continue to cook until the chicken is warm throughout. Stir in some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Serve warm. You can top individual bowls with more parmesan cheese, fresh rosemary, or lemon zest if desired.
Tips for making One Pot Lemon Chicken Pasta:
- To make this dish extra fast we use pre-cooked chicken. You can use frozen grilled chicken strips, and heat them up right in the warm pasta, or you can use leftover rotisserie or home grilled chicken. Whatever you have.
- You can use any medium sized pasta noodle. We used rotini noodles, but you could use farfalle, penne, orecchiette, ziti, etc. It would probably be really yummy with tortellini noodles as well.
- It would be yummy to add in some fresh vegetables to the dish, chopped zucchini or squash, asparagus, or red pepper.
This lemon chicken pasta is a delicious creamy pasta dish, with a refreshing lemony taste. It’s a great summer dish, that is so easy and one everyone will love!
More pasta dishes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
One Pot Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups Rotini Pasta
- 1-2 Grilled Chicken Breast (sliced)
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 TBS snipped rosemary
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan add 1 TBS olive oil over medium heat. Add in minced garlic cloves, and sauté in the oil for 1-2 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Add in the water, and pasta noodles, and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 8-9 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- To the saucepan; add cream, lemon juice and zest, chicken strips, salt & pepper, and rosemary. Stir it all together.
- Continue to cook the mixture until the chicken is hot throughout.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese
- Serve warm. Garnish individual bowls with more cheese, fresh rosemary, or lemon zest if desired.
**This one pot lemon chicken pasta was first posted on September 22, 2015. The photos and text were updated for clarity on June 9, 2021.
This lemon chicken pasta was originally sponsored and compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.