These sweet and salty popcorn balls are gooey and chewy marshmallow popcorn balls packed full of salty pretzels, peanuts, m&ms and chocolate chips for the perfect sweet and salty treat!
These sweet and salty popcorn balls are such a fun afternoon snack, or late night treat. They’d also be so fun for a party. They’re adorable, and delicious.
I just love how the mini m&ms make them so colorful. They would be such a fun after school snack for kids to come home to!
These popcorn balls are so easy to make, and only take about 20 minutes to make. All you need to make them is popped popcorn (you can use microwave popcorn, an air popper, stove top, popcorn maker or whatever you have!), butter, mini marshmallows, mini m&ms, mini chocolate chips, pretzels, and peanuts.
The mix-ins are adaptable, so use whatever you have on hand and what sounds the most delicious to you. I just love the crunch that the pretzels and the peanut add to the balls. The chocolate candies add little bursts of sweetness and chocolate – and who could say no to that 😉
These popcorn balls aren’t just a hit with the kids, but my husband and I love them too, and I’m sure anyone who tries them would agree.
These sweet and salty popcorn balls are such a fun treat any time of the year and the perfect mix of flavors and textures too. Gooey marshmallow covered popcorn, crunchy pretzels and peanuts, sweet m&ms and chocolate chips. I hope you love these easy treats as much as we do!
Looking for more Afternoon Snacks?
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Monster Cookie Granola Bites
- Rainbow Fruit Parfaits
- Apple Sandwiches
- Smores Rice Krispie Treats
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 10 cups popped popcorn about 1/3 cup kernels)
- 1/2 cup mini m&ms regular works fine
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips regular works fine
- 1/2 cup chopped mini pretzels
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large pan melt your butter over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir constantly until they are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popped popcorn and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Mix in most of the pretzels and peanuts and pour the popcorn out onto parchment paper.
- Pour half the m&ms and chocolate chips onto the popcorn.
- Separate the popcorn into 8 to 10 sections.
- Shape the popcorn into balls and add remaining pretzels, peanuts, m&ms and chocolate chips to each ball as you do.
- Place balls back on the parchment paper until they are set, then enjoy!
Just made these. Found it helpful to spray a nonstick cooking spray, like Pam in hands before forming in to balls…also I would pop 1/2c of popcorn just in case. I did and was left with a little over a cup of extra popcorn.
That’s a great tip! So glad you liked them
Anamika @ Supplement Crunch says
This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. 🙂