This peanut butter cheeseball is a delicious dessert cheese ball that is coated in chocolate and peanut butter chips. It’s perfect served up for a party with graham crackers, pretzels, or apple slices.
This peanut butter cheese ball, isn’t a traditional cheese ball because it is sweet instead of savory. It still starts with a cream cheese base, but it’s mixed with powdered sugar and peanut butter and served with cookies, and fruit, instead of crackers and chips and vegetables.
It’s creamy, peanut buttery, and covered in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. It’s an amazing sweet dip or spread, and kind of reminds me of the flavors of peanut butter cookie dough mixed with peanut butter cheesecake. So yeah, it’s that good.
It tastes great with graham crackers, cookies, pretzels, you name it. Here are a few more ideas.
What to serve with a peanut butter cheese ball?
- graham crackers
- teddy grahams
- chocolate chip cookies
- pretzel thins
- apple slices
How to make a peanut butter cheese ball?
Beat your cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth, about 2 minutes. Using a stand mixer works great, but you can also use a hand mixer with a bowl. Add in the brown sugar, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and creamy peanut butter. Mix until it’s all smooth.
Scoop the mixture into the middle of a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll it up into the plastic wrap and roll it into a ball. Place it into the freezer for an hour, or until the cheese ball is mostly firm.
Dump the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips in a flat plate. Unwrap the cheeseball from the plastic wrap and roll it around in the chips until the cheese ball is fully coated in the balls. Press any extras into the empty spots.
Place the cheese ball into the freezer for about an hour, or more, until its nice and firm. If you freeze it overnight you’ll need to remove it about 30 minutes before serving.
This peanut butter ball is a great make ahead dessert. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. It can stay good in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 4 months. Just add an extra layer by wrapping it plastic wrap then in foil or inside a ziplock bag. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to a couple hours, depending how hard it is until it is soft and spreadable.
This peanut butter cheese ball is so easy and so delicious. It’s perfect for holiday parties or other get togethers, and is so good served with apple slices, pretzels, or cookies.
Looking for more sweet dip recipes?
- Funfetti Dip
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- Cannoli Cheese Ball on Taste and Tell
- Brownie Batter Cheese Ball on Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peanut Butter "Cheese" Ball
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Beat your cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the brown sugar, vanilla, powdered sugar and peanut butter and mix till smooth.
- Scoop your peanut butter mixture into the middle of a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the mixture and then roll it into a ball.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until cheese ball is mostly firm.
- Dump chocolate chips and peanut butter chips onto a large flat plate and mix.
- Remove cheese ball from wrap and roll it into the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Press chips into empty spots if necessary.
- Place ball into freezer for about another hour, up to overnight. If keeping in freezer overnight, remove about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with graham crackers, cookies, pretzels and more.
This peanut butter cheese ball was first posted on January 24, 2015. The photos and blog text were updated on December 23, 2020.