Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pizza for the pizza lovers and the chicken lovers and the Alfredo sauce lovers.
So I’ve mentioned my love for pizza before. And also how I love trying a variety of pizza flavors. Well, here is one more delicious recipe to add to the mix.
This recipe was first thought of by my brother in law, Dain. The first time he made the recipe very simple, with store bought crust, canned Alfredo sauce, etc. But since then he has used his mom’s Alfredo sauce recipe. My version now is a slightly more complicated version, with homemade pizza crust, my mother in law’s homemade sauce, and everything. Of course if you’re feeling lazier, you are more than welcome to go the easy route. Either way, the pizza is delicious.
Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pizza
- 1/2 french bread dough (or your favorite pizza dough homemade or store bought)
- Alfredo Sauce*
- 1 cup spinach (raw)
- 1 chicken breast (or 1 1/2 cups chopped chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 TBS parsley
- Preheat oven with a pizza stone inside to 475 **
- After the dough has risen for the first time, instead of shaping the dough into 2 long loaves, shape one of the loaves into a ball. Let rise about 40 minutes, until doubled.
- Meanwhile, make Alfredo sauce. Allow to cool for a few minutes before putting on the pizza dough.
- Using a small rolling pin, spread pizza dough out to make crust. About 3/4 inch thick, and 14 inches across.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over the top of the dough. Leave about 1/2 inch free on each edge.
- Lay spinach over sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken around the entire pizza.
- Spread cheese evenly over the spinach and chicken.
- Carefully transfer to oven using a pizza peel, sprinkled with flour and corn meal (Tip: before we transfer the pizza we make sure the dough is loose on the pizza peel, by shaking the peel a little bit. If it is not moving freely lift up the edges of the pizza and add a little more cornmeal all around until it is loose)
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. **
- Cut into slices and enjoy.
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pan over medium heat
- Bring to a boil, stirring often
- Lower temperature to medium low, keep sauce simmering, continue to cook for about 15 more minutes as sauce thickens
- Stir sauce often to ensure no burning