This delicious pizza is topped with Italian salami, bell peppers, red onion, grape tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. It’s perfect for pizza night!
Craig and I recently came home from an amazing trip to Portugal, Spain and Italy. While we were in Italy we visited some of our friends. Their daughter Marta lived with us for a year while she was a foreign exchange student. It was so nice to meet her parents and enjoy time with them, and in their town.
Before dinner they often served us a nice appetizer of cheeses and meats. The cheeses and salami were so good, I could have made a whole meal from just them.
Since coming home I found some authentic Italian salami, and enjoyed it with cheese and crackers, but I also decided to make a pizza with it. This tasty Italian Salami pizza was born.
I used my favorite pizza dough recipe, topped it with some marinara sauce, mozzarella, then salami, sliced sweet peppers, red onions, and grape tomatoes, and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. It turned out to be an amazing combination, and will definitely be on repeat at our home!
How to make Salami Pizza?
Prepare the pizza dough, whether homemade or from the store, so it is raised, and ready to roll out into a pizza.
Place all the ingredients; the diced tomatoes, Italian herbs, oregano, basil, garlic salt, and pepper into a small pot and stir them all together, over medium heat and bring it to simmer. Let the sauce simmer until you are ready to use it.
Preheat your oven or pizza oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a pizza stone in the oven to let the stone heat.
Sprinkle a pizza paddle (metal or wooden with corn meal) Roll out the pizza dough to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick (depending on your preference). Carefully transfer the prepared pizza dough onto the pizza stone and let the crust bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. ** (If you are using a pizza oven you don’t need to do this. Our pizza oven cooks 10inch pizzas in under 2 minutes.)
Spread the prepared marina sauce over the pizza crust. Then sprinkle it evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese. Then evenly arrange the salami slices over the cheese. Then evenly spread the sweet peppers, red onion, and tomatoes over the salami. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan evenly over the top.
Bake until the cheese is completely melted. Slice the pizza up and enjoy it warm!
Tips for making Italian Salami Pizza:
- Use whatever your favorite pizza dough recipe is! A lot of grocery stores will also sell premade pizza dough from their bakery, which we like using when we have less time.
- If you don’t want to make our homemade marinara sauce you can use your favorite recipe, or even jarred sauce from the store.
- I love topping my pepperoni or salami pizza with some hot honey when serving it, but it does add a little kick 😉
This salami pizza is such a yummy twist on Italian flavors. It’s delicious, and flavorful, and will be loved by all!
More pizza recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Italian Salami Pizza
- 8 oz can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Italian herbs * (crushed)
- 2 tsp oregano * (crushed)
- 2 tsp basil * (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
Italian Salami Pizza
- 1 pizza dough**
- 8 oz Italian salami (cut in half)
- 8 oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 3 mini sweet peppers (cut in rounds)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced lenghtwise)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Add the diced tomatoes, Italian herbs, oregano, basil, garlic salt, and pepper to a small pot, and stir them together. Heat over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Let the sauce continue to simmer until ready to use it.
Italian Salami Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a baking stone into the oven to let it preheat with the oven.
- Sprinkle a wooden or metal pizza paddle with corn meal.
- Roll the pizza dough out onto the prepared paddle, to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick according to your desired thickness.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefull transfer the pizza dough onto the baking stone and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pizza crust with the pizza peel.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly all over the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Layout the salami slices over the top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle sliced peppers, onion, and tomatoes over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the whole pizza.
- Bake until the cheese is melted (about 5 to 8 more minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let the pizza cool for 3 to 4 minutes, then slice and serve warm.