These Oreo Reindeer are so cute, covered in chocolate, with pretzel antlers, candy eyes, and a cute red candy nose. They’re such an adorable and fun no bake holiday treat!
These Oreo Reindeer are delicious chocolate covered Oreos, decorated with pretzels for antlers, candy eyes, and a big shiny red rudolph nose. These are the cutest, easiest Christmas treats.
These may be my easiest reindeer treats yet.
How to make Oreo Reindeer?
Prepare all your ingredients, break your pretzels carefully in half, then break a little off at the top. (Hint I use a steak knife and slightly saw it down to make it easier to break the pretzel into the shapes I like. BUT, I also have plenty of pretzels that break too much and end up just snacking on those ones). Set out your candy eyes, candy noses, Oreo cookies, and chocolate melts, (you can also use chocolate chips with a bit of coconut oil added), and some parchment paper.
Add your chocolate to a microwave safe bowl, and follow the instructions on the candy melt packaging. Or microwave at half power in 30 second increments, stirring in between each until you can stir it smooth.
Drop an Oreo into the melted chocolate. Use a fork to flip it over and cover it completely in the chocolate. Use the fork to transfer it out of the chocolate and tap the side of the bowl to get extra chocolate off the Oreo. Then place it on a sheet of parchment paper.
Stick two pretzel pieces through the chocolate into the Oreo filling to make antlers. Place two candy eyes onto the front of the cookie, and a red nose. Let the Oreo sit until the chocolate is set. Repeat with additional Oreos and chocolate to make all the adorable Oreo Reindeer you want!
Tips for making Oreo Reindeer:
- You must use Double Stuff or Mega Stuff Oreos. Because you’ll be sticking the pretzel antlers into the filling part of the Oreo, you need it thick enough in between each cookie to fit a pretzel. Some of the flavored Oreos also have thicker filling than regular Oreos, so you can see as pictured I was able to use Gingerbread Oreos for some of these. I just had to check which ones were the thickest.
- You should have some extra pretzels because some of them may break too much when you’re trying to break them into antlers. One thing that helps break them is slightly sawing into the pretzel slowly with a steak knife where you want the pretzel to break off. Then break it off once its thin enough to do so.
- Instead of chocolate candy melts (I used Ghiradelli brand) you can use 2 cups of chocolate chips. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the bowl if you are using chocolate chips.
- I used red sixlets for my reindeer noses. You could also sub some brown or black ones for some reindeer that aren’t Rudolph.
- Instead of sixlets you can also use red m&ms, or red hot candies for the cute reindeer nose.
These Oreo Reindeer are such a cute no bake Christmas cookie. They’re decorated to look like adorable reindeer, with a red candy nose and all. They’re perfect for making up for a cookie plate, or a holiday party.
Looking for more adorable Reindeer Recipes?
- Reindeer Cookies
- Reindeer Oreo Balls
- Reindeer Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Reindeer Reeses Cups
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 20 Double Stuf or Mega Stuf Oreo Cookies
- 40 candy eyes
- 20 red sixlets
- 40 mini pretzels (broken in half - you probably need like 50 or 60 pretzels in case some break)
- 2 cups chocolate candy melts
- Prepare all your ingredients, set out your Oreo cookies, candy eyeballs (I like to match them up based on the size of the black part), sixlets, and pretzel antlers. Lay out some parchment paper.
- Add your chocolate candy melts to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments at 50% power, stirring after each until you can stir it totally smooth.
- Drop one Oreo into the chocolate, and flip it over with a fork to cover it fully in the chocolate. Use the fork to remove it from the chocolate and tap the fork against the side of the bowl to help get some of the extra chocolate off.
- Place it on the parchment paper.
- Press two pretzels into the top of the Oreo, through the chocolate and into the filling to make the antlers on the reindeer.
- Place two candy eyes onto the middle of the Oreo, and a candy nose beneath them.
- Let the cookies sit until the chocolate is fully set and hardened. Then enjoy whenever.