Rolo Pretzel Reindeer are not only a delicious sweet and salty treat, but they are adorable, and fun, and perfect for the Christmas season!
I love rolo pretzel treats, and these rolo pretzel reindeer are the cutest way to make them! They’re such a fun treat for this time of year.
These pretzel reindeer are only 4 simple ingredients and so easy to make! All you need are mini pretzels, Rolos, candy eyes, and red chocolate candies (m&ms or sixlets work great).
You should be able to find candy eyeballs in the baking aisle at a grocery store, or at craft stores.
How to make Rolo Reindeer Pretzels?
These can be made in only about 15 minutes (plus a few more minutes for chilling time). First you’ll need to prepare everything so you can be ready when the Rolos are soft and melty from the oven. So you’ll need to unwrap the Rolos, and cut half of your mini pretzel twists in half for the antlers. Separate out all the red m&m candies (if you buy a holiday themed bag it shouldn’t take too long).
Place an unwrapped Rolo candy on top of each pretzel on a baking sheet. They get heated in the oven for just a couple minutes, just enough to get the Rolos nice and melty so you can add the eyes, noses, and pretzel antlers to the melted chocolate for the reindeer.
Add two pretzel halves into the top sides of the melted candy. Then the red nose to the top of the rolo, then the two candy eyes above it.
Tips and Tricks:
- Unwrap the rolos before you do anything else so you’re ready to move one step at a time.
- Have extra pretzels on hand because it can be hard to break them evenly down the middle, and you may need to discard some of them.
- Have the pretzel pieces ready, candy eye balls open, and m&ms sorted before the candies come out of the oven. I recommend doing it before you put them into the oven as they bake quickly. So you can make the treats before the chocolate hardens again.
- If your treats are taking too long to cool, place your baking tray into the fridge when they’re decorated to speed up the process.
- Use hershey’s kisses instead of rolos on these treats if desired.
How to store?
You should store any leftover rolo pretzel reindeer in an airtight container at room temperature, but out of direct sun. I recommend not storing them in the fridge or freezer, cause in my experience at least the candy eyes color starts to bleed a bit. They should stay good for up to a 4 or 5 days.
I cannot believe that the holiday season has already snuck up on us. I mean, I can, because I’ve been making holiday themed recipes for the past few months, and these cute little reindeers are actually the first Christmas recipe I made! But now I’m so glad that the Christmas season is actually here!
These pretzel reindeer are such a yummy treat with the perfect sweet and salty combination. They would be so the perfect treat for a Christmas treat tray, a cookie exchange, holiday party, or just a cute treat for you and your kids!
Looking for more fun holiday dessert recipes?
- Reindeer Cookies
- Reindeer Oreo Balls
- Reindeer Donuts from Love from the Oven
- Reindeer Cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Rolo Pretzel Reindeer
- 50 mini pretzels (divided)
- 25 Rolos
- 25 small round red chocolate candies
- 50 candy eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate half of your pretzels and spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Unwrap the rolos and top each pretzel on the baking sheet with one.
- Cut the remaining pretzels in half down the middle to form the antlers. (A few may break, so its best to have about 10 extra pretzels or so)
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 1.5 to 2 minutes until rolos are soft.
- Remove the baking pan and add the nose, antlers and eyes to each reindeer. (I added mine in that order).
- Allow the reindeer to cool completely to allow the chocolate to set before eating. (Place pan in the fridge for quicker cooling if desired.)