This spinach dip so easy to make at home, in the microwave or oven, and it is the perfect cheesy dip for bread, crackers, or chips!
This easy hot spinach dip is the perfect appetizer option. Serve it up with a variety of veggies, and chips, or crackers and it’s the going to be gobbled up in no time.
How to make Spinach Dip?
This easy spinach dip is only 7 ingredients, and can be heated up in the microwave or in the oven. You’ll need cream cheese, sour cream, spinach, parmesan cheese, colby jack cheese, garlic, and salt.
How to cook fresh Spinach?
First you’ll need to cook your spinach. You can saute or steam the spinach. If you are using baby spinach you can use the whole leaf, if you’re using regular spinach you might want to remove the stems to make the leaves more tender.
To saute the spinach, you’ll just add the spinach to to a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the leaves are wilted.
You can also add the spinach to a steamer, by boiling water, and topping the pot with a steamer insert, and cook the spinach in the steamer for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
After the spinach is cooked you will want to squeeze the liquid out of the spinach with your hands, or wrap the spinach in paper towels to wring out the moisture.
Chop your spinach into bite sized pieces.
Add your cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach, parmesan, colby jack, garlic and salt to a small (microwave safe) bowl and stir to combine everything together. Microwave the dip at half power for 3 minutes, or instead transfer the dip into a small oven safe baking dish or skillet. If you want to bake the dip, you will bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes till it’s nice and bubbly and hot throughout.
Serve the dip with your choice of dippers.
What to serve with Spinach Dip?
You can use a variety of vegetables, crackers, chips, and bread to serve with your spinach dip.
- sliced bell peppers
- french bread
- sour dough bread
- pita bread
- tortilla chips
- pita chips
- potato chips
- wheat thins
- ritz crackers
This delicious spinach dip is a great hot and cheesy appetizer option. Perfect for serving up at party, for Christmas, New Year’s Eve, the Superbowl, etc.
This easy spinach dip is irresistible, everyone will be going back for more and more. It’s so simple to make to, you’ll want to make it all the time!
Looking for more savory dip ideas?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 6 oz spinach (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chopped vegetables
- Cook your spinach until it's wilted. Squeeze out any extra moisture.
- Chop up the spinach.
- Add the spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, colby jack cheese, minced garlic, and salt to a small microwave safe bowl. Stir it all together.
- Microwave the bowl at half power for about 3 minutes. Stir again.
- Repeat heating as necessary until mixture is smooth and hot throughout.
- ** Or transfer the mixture into a small oven safe baking dish, and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and hot throughout.
- Serve with your choice of dippers.
Spinach dip recipe first posted on April 18, 2013. Photos updated on December 18, 2019.