This Strawberry Yogurt Cake is so moist and and delicious. It’s a refreshing cake made with fresh strawberries and strawberry yogurt that is perfect in the summertime.
This strawberry yogurt cake is practically perfect in every way. It’s perfectly sweet, perfectly moist, perfectly strawberry, and perfectly delicious.
It is super easy to make and bake too. It makes the perfect spring or summer time dessert, but who says you can’t have it for breakfast too, I mean it does have yogurt and fresh strawberries 😉
This strawberry yogurt cake is practically perfect in every way. It is practically perfectly sweet, perfectly moist, perfectly strawberry, and perfectly refreshing.
How to make Strawberry Yogurt Cake?
Preheat the oven, and grease and flour a 9×13 pan. Set it aside till the batter is ready. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add in the eggs, strawberry yogurt, and canola oil. Stir everything together till you have a nice and thick batter. If it’s too thick you can stir in one or two tablespoons of milk.
Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, and spread the batter evenly. Bake the cake until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan. Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over the top of the cake. Top the cake with strawberry halves or slices. Slice up the cake and enjoy!
How to store Strawberry Yogurt Cake?
Once the fresh strawberries are placed on top of the cake you’ll want to store any leftovers in the fridge to keep the strawberries fresh. I recommend only putting strawberries on the slices of cake that are going to be eaten immediately to keep the cake from getting soggy, and the strawberries from going bad. The cake without the strawberries can be stored at room temperature with a lid, or covered in plastic wrap for up to three days.
What people are saying about this strawberry yogurt cake
“We have a strawberry shortcake cake we have had in the family, and I am seriously going to replace it with this. We topped it with fresh whipping cream and strawberries with sugar to bring out the juices, and it was to die for! Our friends loved it too.” – Jillian
This strawberry yogurt cake is a nice, moist, cake with a light strawberry taste in every bite. Topped with powdered sugar, or whipped cream and fresh strawberries it’s the perfect spring or summer dessert.
Looking for more strawberry recipes?
- strawberry ice cream
- strawberry sauce
- strawberry fluff
- strawberry muffins
- strawberry yogurt smoothie
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ TBS baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 ½ cups strawberry yogurt
- ¾ cup canola oil (or other oil)
- 15 medium to large strawberries (washed and green stem removed)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder, and salt) and whisk together
- Add the eggs, sugar, strawberry yogurt, and canola oil. Stir to incorporate fully. (The batter is very thick - if you want you can add a Tablespoon or two of milk)
- Pour batter into the baking pan, and spread evenly across the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the top of the cake.
- Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise, or into slices and set on top of the cake to decorate.
This strawberry yogurt cake was first posted on May 8, 2017. Photos were updated on July 13, 2020.