These strawberry yogurt muffins are my favorite moist and delicious muffins. With sweet strawberries in every bite, and topped with a crunchy cereal streusel topping, these are a great way to start the morning.
Sweet muffins are one of my favorite things to bake, and of course one of my favorite things to eat. A sweet blueberry muffin, or these raspberry muffins are also winners, but these strawberry yogurt muffins are a great one to add to the mix.
These strawberry yogurt muffins are so good to have with a quick breakfast, brunch, or even an afternoon snack. Make a batch of these muffins one afternoon, to have for a snack that day then save a few more for breakfast the next morning. They’re a great grab and go option if you need something easy to eat on the go.
These strawberry yogurt muffins have the perfect tender crumb in every bite, they’re filled with strawberries throughout, and then the cereal streusel topping really takes them over the top. The cereal streusel is made from a mixture of flour, sugar, and butter, all combined with a little crushed up Special K Berries cereal. The crumb topping adds the perfect extra sweetness to the muffins, but also the perfect crunch on top!
The muffin crumb stays so soft and tender thanks to the yogurt in the batter. I used Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt because it’s packed with protein, and it’s my very favorite.
Looking for more muffin recipes?
- raspberry muffins
- banana chocolate chip muffins
- pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- lemon muffins
- apple muffins
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened, or coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla non fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
For the Strusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 TBS brown sugar
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup Special K Red Berries Cereal
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl for about 2 minutes till it starts to get light and creamy.
- Add in your eggs and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into 12 muffin tin spots, sprayed with nonstick spray or lined with muffin liners.
For the Struesel Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter till you have a nice crumbly mixture.
- Stir in the Special K Red Berries, crushing a few up as you stir.
- Sprinkle a generous topping on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes until the tops start to turn golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing the muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.