These banana chocolate chip muffins are a sweet and moist banana muffin, packed full of chocolate chips. They’re perfect for breakfast, or a snack!
I love making muffins as an easy portable breakfast option, or afternoon snack. These banana chocolate chip muffins are one of my favorite flavors. I love chocolate chip banana bread, so why not make it into hand held muffins instead!
These banana muffins are so easy to make because they are made with mostly pantry ingredients, and the batter only takes a few minutes to mix together.
Ways to use overripe bananas?
I love storing overripe bananas in our freezer to use for later. You can use them in
- Quick breads and Muffins – like these banana chocolate chip muffins
- Pancakes – like these banana pancakes
- Smoothies – like our easy fruit smoothie recipe
- Banana Ice Cream – try this healthy banana ice cream from Chocolate Covered Katie
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Like I said, these banana chocolate chip muffins are super easy to make. You’ll start by pre-heating your oven and preparing two muffin pans.
You’ll combine your butter and sugar until they’re nice and smooth and creamy. Add in the eggs and mix till just combined. Then mash your bananas in a small bowl using a fork. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract to your sugar mixture.
Add in all your dry ingredients, meaning your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and fold it all together till you have a nice batter. Then you’ll fold in your chocolate chips. I like mini chocolate chips cause they spread better throughout the batter.
Scoop the mixture into your muffin pans and fill each liner or muffin spot about 3/4 full. Bake until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out just barely clean.
The muffins are ready to enjoy and I promise you, you will enjoy them!
These banana muffins are the perfect snack, or breakfast on the go. They should last if kept at room temperature for one to two days in best condition. They can stay good for up to 4 days if you store them with a paper towel underneath to absorb the extra moisture. Just make sure to keep them in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
These muffins are packed full of the perfect sweet banana flavor, and are so delicious! You won’t be able to stop at just one 😉
Looking for more muffin recipes?
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Raspberry Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter (softened, 1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (mini is best)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 regular muffin pans, or line with muffin liners.
- Add your butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat together for about 2 minutes until they are light and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and stir till just combined.
- Mash your bananas in a small bowl.
- Add the bananas and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture and stir till combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir slowly until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 20-24 minutes until the tops are golden brown, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin pan, until cool enough to handle, then loosen and remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins were first published on August 26, 2013. Photos and text updated on January 10, 2020.