Last week I shared a cupcake recipe for dogs. Its filled with dog bone crumbs and peanut butter and applesauce and I actually had a friend try it and say it was just a very rich peanut butter flavor! I’ll take him on his word for it.
Well, I feel like cupcakes and muffins are very similar. I guess cupcakes are usually just topped with frosting, but both are baked in a “muffin” pan and both are usually delicious.
Our freezer was full of frozen overripe bananas, we had about 5 in there, so I decided to make some chocolate chip banana muffins based on my banana bread recipe. And they turned out delicious!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 large over ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 2 regular muffin pans.
3. Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
4. Add eggs, banana and vanilla ad stir until blended.
5. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. With mixer on low speed slowly add in flour until just combined.
7. Mix in chocolate chips.
8. Pour into prepared muffin pans. Fill about 3/4 full.
9. Bake about 22 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cool in muffin pan until cool enough to loosen and remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy these chocolatey banana muffins for breakfast or a snack!