These stuffed pizza rolls are delicious seasoned balls of soft bread filled with lots of cheese and your favorite pizza toppings. Best served with warm marinara sauce, they’re perfect for an appetizer or dinner!
These homemade pizza rolls are so yummy. They’re like small delicious pockets of seasoned dough, stuffed full of lots of cheese and pizza toppings. They’re baked up and delicious served with some marinara sauce for dipping.
They’re a delicious finger food option, and who doesn’t love eating with their fingers, I know my kids never complain when we eat them, and they love having them for dinner instead of our traditional pizza night.
They’re also great for a fun party food, so good for a game night, or a sporting event, or a holiday party. They would be so good for the a Super Bowl watch party!
It’s so good biting into a delicious warm roll and finding the gooey, hot, melty cheese in the middle. Especially dipped into some delicious pizza sauce, yum!
This recipe makes 12 rolls, you can double or triple the recipe and bake them on a cookie tray to make more pizza rolls for a crowd. If you’re serving these for dinner, it probably serves 4-6 people.
Ingredients needed to make Stuffed Pizza Rolls:
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Stuffed Pizza Roll Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Frozen Rolls – I usually use Rhodes Rolls, but any brand should work
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Melted Butter
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to make Stuffed Pizza Rolls?
- Thaw your frozen rolls, and roll them each out into a 3 to 4 inch circle. Place shredded mozzarella and pizza toppings in the middle of the dough.
- Wrap the edges of the dough around the toppings in the middle and pinch them together to seal.
- Place the seam side down in the baking pan, or baking sheet.
- Mix the melted butter, herbs, and garlic powder in a small bowl to make a quick garlic butter. Top all the rolls with melted herb butter.
- And sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown and cooked throughout and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips for making Stuffed Pizza Rolls:
- Instead of frozen roll dough you can also use canned pizza dough, or canned biscuit dough instead.
- You can bake these pizza rolls in a 9×13 pan, or spread them out on a lined half cookie sheet to get each of the sides more crispy.
- Stuff the rolls with cheese and whatever your favorite toppings are. Just remember you can’t fit too many toppings instead them, some good toppings are sausage, mini pepperoni, ham, sliced canadian bacon, diced bell pepper, onion, or olives.
- You can thaw the frozen rolls at room temperature for about 2 hours, or in the microwave to thaw them in just a few minutes. Place 6 of the rolls at a time of a microwave safe plate, cover them with plastic wrap and microwave them for 30 seconds. Flip them over, cover again, and microwave for another 30 seconds.
How to store and reheat pizza rolls?
These stuffed pizza rolls are best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat them in the oven or air fryer for at 350 F for about 10 minutes, or until hot throughout.
These stuffed pizza rolls are so good for dinner, or a great appetizer. The gooey cheese filling, surrounded by the soft dough, and garlic herby topping is going to be your new favorite recipe.
They’re a great way to make a meal the whole family loves. They are the perfect finger food, delicious served warm and gooey with marinara sauce for dipping!
Looking for more pizza recipes?
- French Bread Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pizza Stuffed Pretzel Bites from Spiced Blog
- Pizza Pinwheels from I Heart Naptime
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Stuffed Pizza Rolls
For the Stuffed Pizza Rolls
- 12 Frozen Rolls
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 3/4 cup cooked sausage or pepperoni
For the Coating:
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
For the Stuffed Pizza Rolls
- Allow rolls to thaw for about 2 hours, till they are thawed but haven't risen.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Flatten the rolls out, and spread them into a 3inch circle.
- Place about 1 TBS of shredded mozzarella, and the same amount of pepperoni onto the center of the biscuit.
- Wrap the dough around the toppings and pinch the ball to seal it shut. Place the roll seam side down into the prepared pan.
- Repeat with additional rolls.
For the Coating:
- Stir butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown on top.
- Serve hot with homemade or store bought marinara sauce.
These stuffed pizza rolls were first posted on November 21, 2013. The photos and text were updated for clarity on December 23, 2022.