Small batch sugar cookies are perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth. This easy sugar cookie recipe makes just a few cookies, that are topped with a sweet buttery vanilla frosting.
These sugar cookies for two are delicious sugar cookies, for when that late night craving hits, or when you don’t need a full batch of sugar cookies. It’s an easy dough that can be made in one bowl, and without any chilling!
Let me tell you something, so my mother in law makes some of the best sugar cookies. In fact, that is where I got my recipe for the best sugar cookies ever. But sometimes I don’t want a whole big batch of sugar cookies when I’m craving something sweet, so this small batch sugar cookie recipe is the perfect solution.
This recipe makes just about 4 to 6 cookies depending what size you make them, so it’s the perfect amount for one, two, or three people 😉
These sugar cookies for two are pretty perfect. They taste like the traditional sugar cookies I love, and I know you love too.
These sugar cookies are great because the dough can be scooped and rolled into balls and baked like a traditional drop cookie, or you can roll the cookie dough out and cut the cookies into different shapes. Either way they turn into delicious sugar cookies.
The cookies bake up nice and thick, and so soft, with chewy edges. They’re so delicious and perfect for when you’re craving something sweet.
Then you can frost the cookies and decorate them however you’d like. Or just eat them hot out of the oven unfrosted too.
How to make sugar cookies for two?
These sugar cookies for two can be made in one bowl, just a small bowl is great. Cream together your butter and white sugar till nice and smooth. Add in an egg yolk and a dash of vanilla extract and stir well to combine. Add in the salt, and baking soda and the flour, starting with 6 tablespoons. Add in more flour as needed if the dough is too sticky.
Roll out the dough to be about 1/4 inch thick then cut cookies out with a scoop. Or alternatively scoop the dough into about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoon sized balls and roll into a smooth ball. Place on the baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes until the cookies are set and start to turn light golden.
Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Combine all the ingredients for the frosting in a small bowl till you have a nice smooth frosting. Spread frosting evenly over the top of the cookies. Top with sprinkles if desired.
These sugar cookies are soft, delicious, with perfectly chewy edges. And are perfect when you need something sweet just for you, or just for you and a friend.
Looking for more small batch recipes?
- Eggless Cookie Dough
- Small Batch Muddy Buddies
- Small Batch Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Sugar Cookies for Two
- 2 TBS butter (softened)
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1 egg yolk (or 3 TBS egg, about half)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6-8 TBS flour
For the Frosting
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 drop food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla and stir well.
- Add salt, baking soda and 6 TBS flour and stir to combine.
- Add additional flour 1/2 tablespoon at a time if dough is too sticky.
- Roll out dough to be 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters or scoop into 1 1/2 to 2 TBS sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until a light golden color, then remove from oven.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool additionally on cooling rack.
For the Frosting:
- Combine all ingredients for frosting (add more milk or more powdered sugar if too thick or too thin) and frost cookies once cool.
Sugar cookies for two first posted on September 5, 2013. Photos updated on March 2, 2020.