Taco Soup is one of the easiest soups to make and it is so hearty, filling, and so good! Toss everything in your crockpot and wait.
Recipe Update: 9/30/14
This blog started out as a way just for my mom and I to share recipes with each other. I wanted her to post our favorite family recipes so I could have them, as well as share any recipes we each found that we liked with each other.
I usually try and think of something to say before a recipe – but in reality most of you are probably just here for the yummy recipe. And let me tell you, this is a delicious recipe. This taco soup is not only one of the easiest recipes ever, its also one of my favorite. Its hearty, filling and so so good. And basically you just toss everything into the crockpot (okay, you have to pre cook the ground beef – but that’s it!) and then throw all the rest of the ingredients into the crock pot, cook for a couple hours, or a few and then you’ll come into your kitchen to the most delicious aroma. Mmm.
This taco soup recipe is one I’ve made again and again. It is actually one of the first recipes I ever posted on this blog. Back in the day when the recipe was only read by mother and I. But back then I didn’t take pictures, and this is such a simple and delicious recipe that I have to share it again with you.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 - 14 oz can of corn (not drained)
- 1- 14 oz can of black beans (not drained)
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 - 14 oz can tomato sauce (or stewed tomatoes)
- Brown ground beef over medium heat in a small pan.
- Put ground beef, corn, beans, taco seasoning, salsa and tomato sauce in a crock pot. Stir everything together.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours, or on high for 3.
- Top with desired toppings (sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, etc)
Enjoy this heartwarming and tasty soup!