Muddies buddies are something I remember fondly loving as a child. I don’t think we would make (and eat) them that often, but I remember absolutely adoring them every time we did.
This is such a simple recipe, and it makes a good snack or dessert to share. I decided it would be a perfect super bowl snack for us to enjoy while cheering for the 49ers. We were a little saddened by the outcome of the game, but proud of the niners for coming back in the second half. And we weren’t too sad since Nate is from the DC area and liked the Ravens while growing up and my brother and his family live in Baltimore now too. So at least I was glad that they would be happy about the outcome.
Anyway, along with this delicious chocolate peanut butter mixture we had a lot of other yummy snacks for the superbowl. That’s what it really is all about right? The food. We made nachos with the base being doritos nacho cheese chips with carne asada, nacho cheese, cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole and olives. Whoo. We also were going to make wings but we were way too stuffed and had those for dinner Monday night instead. — What did you eat for your super bowl snacks?
But what I’m saying is, even with the super bowl this is a super easy snack that you and everyone you are with will love.
11 cups chex cereal (1 12.8 oz box)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Pour chex cereal in a large bowl.
2. Put chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a medium sized, microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes on 50 percent power. Stir. If chocolate isn’t full melted, microwave for 30 seconds more at a time, at half power until creamy.
4. Stir vanilla into the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
5. Pour chocolate peanut butter mixture over the chex cereal in bowl. Stir while pouring.
6. Stir together until cereal is evenly coated.
7. In a 1 gallon bag add half of your powdered sugar and half of your coated cereal and shake to cover with powdered sugar. Empty onto waxed paper and repeat with remaining powdered sugar and cereal (If you have a 2 gallon bag you should be able to fit it all in at once.
8. Allow to cool slightly on waxed paper and enjoy.