This caramel banana cream pie has a delicious graham cracker crust, followed by a caramel layer, topped by banana pudding and whipped cream for a delicious twist on traditional banana cream pie!
I’ve mentioned before that banana cream pie is my favorite ever! So when I knew I needed to make a pie for Pi Day (3.14) I knew that a twist on banana cream pie would be the perfect solution! Adding caramel to the pie takes it to the next level without adding too much difficulty.
I started with my simple banana cream pie recipe. A quick and buttery homemade graham cracker crust, topped with banana slices, caramel, and vanilla banana pudding, and whipped cream for good measure. Drizzle each slice with a little more caramel for decoration if desired.
I kept this pie recipe simple, by using pudding mixes for the filling. And to add the caramel goodness, I melted wrapped caramels with a little heavy cream to thin them just a little.
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas
- 1 11oz package caramels, unwrapped
- 3-4 TBS heavy cream
- 1 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.5 oz instant banana cream pudding mix
- 2½ cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- Crush your graham crackers into a fine crumb. (It should make about 1½ cups).
- Mix together your sugar with your graham cracker crumb in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour your melted butter over the top of your crumb and mix it all together.
- Pour your crust mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie crust pan and press down on the bottom and the edges.
- Cut your bananas into slices and lay them over your graham cracker crust.
- Combine your caramels and heavy cream in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium until caramels are melted and smooth, stirring throughout.
- Pour caramel over banana slices (reserve about ¼ cup if desired for later).
- Pour your pudding mixes into a large bowl and pour your milk over it and stir together. Add ½ cup of cool whip to the pudding mixture and mix well.
- Pour pudding mixture over caramel and smooth top. Place in fridge to set for about 3 hours.
- Top with remaining cool whip and additional bananas before serving.
MAKE THIS DELICIOUS CARAMEL BANANA CREAM PIE WITH THE HELP OF THESE GREAT KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS:
I think you might like these other banana desserts too:
Here are more amazing pie recipes from my friends!
Creamy Lemon Blueberry Pie // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Pecan Hand Pies // Tried and Tasty
Lemon Pie Bars // One Sweet Appetite
No Bake Chocolate Mint Oreo Pie // Life Made Sweeter
Irish Cream Pie // Sugar & Soul
No Bake Strawberry Lemon Cream Pie // A Kitchen Addiction
Samoa Pie // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Mile High Fudge Brownie Pie // A Dash of Sanity
Cherry Pie Bars // Cupcake Diaries
Coconut Cream Pie // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie // The Love Nerds