This ramen noodle salad is quick and easy to make. The crunchy salad is covered in a flavorful dressing and is perfect served at a picnic, potluck, or barbecue!
**This delicious ramen noodle salad is made using SPLENDA® Brand as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps. All opinions are my own.
One of the best thing’s about going to a summer potluck or picnic is all the delicious side dishes! From potato salad, to macaroni salad, to this delicious and light ramen noodle salad!
This ramen noodle salad is full of delicious crunchy ingredients, all tossed together and coated in an oil based salad dressing. This ramen noodle salad is perfect for a side dish at a summer bbq or potluck, or would be great for a lighter main dish as well, since its packed full of yummy shredded chicken.
This salad is bursting full of flavor with simple and delicious ingredients that everyone will love! I decided to use less added sugar, by substituting SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for plain white sugar. When using SPLENDA® Sugar Blend you can use half as much as the called for sugar so it helps the recipe cut back on the added sugar as well as the calories.
I also cut the amount of vegetable oil down from 2/3 to 1/3 because it still coats the salad well, and helps cut those calories out a little too.
You will love serving and enjoying this easy ramen noodle salad at your next pot luck! Fourth of July next week, anyone?
- 16 oz chopped or shredded cabbage
- ½ cup thin sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced almonds (toasted if you want)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1½ - 2 packaged crushed Top Ramen Noodles (not cooked - and without seasoning packets)
- 5-6 sliced green onions
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 TBS Splenda Sugar Blend
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine ingredients for salad in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture and toss everything together until it's well coated.
- Serve immediately.
- Cover any leftover salad in the fridge for 2-3 days, however the salad is best on the first day as the noodles lose their crunch.
**Did you know, that not all yellow packets contain SPLENDA® Sweeteners?! When ordering at a coffee shop or restaurant, make sure to ask for the SPLENDA® Brand by name. If you don’t they may serve you a generic sweetener packet.