Taco Pasta Salad is a delicious pasta salad made with Mexican flavors, seasoned ground beef, crunchy nacho cheese chips, and a delicious creamy dressing! Perfect for a summer potluck or BBQ!
**This delicious Taco Pasta Salad is sponsored by Horizon Organics. All opinions are my own. #HorizonOrganic #Ad
This taco pasta salad is such a yummy dish, and its perfect for a spring or summer potluck or bbq! It makes a lot, so its great for a big family gathering! But the recipe can also be easily cut in half if you don’t need to feed quite as many hungry bellies.
Taco pasta salad is loaded with taco flavors, from ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, to your favorite taco toppings, like lettuce, Horizon Organic Shredded Mexican Style Cheese, diced tomatoes, and green peppers. Instead of a taco shell you have the pasta noodles. The whole salad is mixed up with French dressing, which adds a bit of a sweetness, and the perfect creaminess to the whole pasta salad. Then right before serving you’ll add in crushed up crunchy nacho cheese, or tortilla chips, which add a great crunch to the salad.
Horizon Cheese is full of calcium, protein, vitamin D, and potassium. These are all necessary vitamins and nutrients in our diets, and especially necessary for our kids! Because Horizon products are organic they are non-GMO, their cows are raised in better environments, in pastures on family farms, without any antibiotics or growth hormones.
Tips for Making Taco Pasta Salad:
- Buy a bag of already shredded lettuce from the grocery store so you don’t have to cut up a head of lettuce.
- Mix everything together for the pasta salad, except for the dressing and the chips. Mix the dressing into the salad, then the crushed chips when you get to the park, friend’s house, or wherever you are ready to serve and eat the pasta salad so they stay extra crunchy.
- Don’t forget to buy Horizon Organic Mexican Style Shredded Cheese so you and your family are getting the best of the best!
Watch how easy this taco pasta salad is to make here –>
Taco Pasta Salad
- 16 oz rotini pasta (or other medium sized noodle)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 TBS taco seasoning
- 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2-3 cups Horizon Organic Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce (you can buy this already shredded at some stores)
- 15 oz French Dressing
- 3 cups slightly crushed nacho cheese or tortilla chips
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook rotini noodles according to package directions. Rinse off in cold water.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef. Drain grease.
- Mix in taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl add pasta, ground beef, tomatoes, bell pepper, cheese, and lettuce.
- Pour French Dressing over the top.
- Stir everything together.
- Cover and place in fridge if you're not ready to serve yet.
- When ready to serve add in crushed chips (so they don't get soggy).
- Top with chopped cilantro if desired.
Find out where you can get Horizon Organic Products near you!