These brownie cookies are the perfect chewy, and fudgy chocolate cookie that starts with a brownie mix. They taste just like a classic brownie, in cookie form!
These chocolate cookies have slightly crispy edges, soft, chewy, and fudgy middles, and are full of chocolate chips. They’re one of the best chocolatey cookies ever! And they’re so easy to make, thanks to starting with a boxed brownie mix.
The cookies will be ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes, so they’re perfect when you need a dessert quick. A great option for any celebration, or just because you’re craving something sweet.
They are such a fun way to enjoy the great flavors of brownies (especially if you’re like me and love the chewy, and slightly crispy edges) because these cookies all get that. Plus the crinkly brownie tops, soft and gooey, chocolatey center. And who can say no to chocolatey, fudgy, delicious cookies? Not me!
Ingredients Needed for Brownie Cookies:
How to make Brownie Cookies?
Start by mixing together all your ingredients for your brownie cookies. You’ll need a box brownie mix, eggs, oil, flour, water, and vanilla extract. Stir it all together with a rubber spatula (don’t use a whisk because the the mix is too sticky, its harder to stir.).
Scoop the cookie batter up by the Tablespoon (I recommend using a cookie scoop since the batter is sticky and not as thick as a normal cookie dough batter) and place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. The cookie spreads a bit, so make sure to keep the cookies at least 2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies until the tops are crinkly, and no longer shiny. Remove the cookies from the oven, let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 to 10 minutes, then cool completely on a cooling rack.
Tips for making Brownie Cookies:
- Don’t use a Betty Crocker Brownie Mix. I normally love this mix for brownies, but it doesn’t have baking soda in it, and your cookies will end up flat.
- Don’t overbake these cookies. Pull them out of the oven when they look slightly undercooked, because they will keep cooking as they cool on the cookie sheet. This ensures fudge cookie centers.
- You can store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Microwave any leftover cookies for about 10 to 15 seconds when you want to enjoy them warm again.
Who else is ready, for gooey, fudgy, perfect chocolate brownies? Perfect served with a glass of milk!
More Brownie Recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
For the Brownie Cookies:
- 18.25 oz box brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 TBS water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Large Mixing Bowl
For the Brownie Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the brownie mix, eggs, flour, vegetable oil, water, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and stir them together until combined. The batter will be sticky.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough by the 1 TBS and place them onto the prepared baking pan, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the tops are barely no longer shiny, lightly flakey, and barely set. (Don't overbake the cookies, they will continue baking on the pan when removed from the oven, and we want the middles nice and fudgy.)
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely, or just another few minutes before you enjoy warm.