Cheesecake swirled brownies are a rich chocolatey brownie, swirled throughout with a tangy, creamy cheesecake filling for an irresistible treat!
Happy Friday friends! In a celebration of it being the weekend, and my cook book coming out, I’m giving you two things that I think you’ll love. First, a recipe sneak peak from my cook book 50 Fixes for Brownie Mixes! Today I’m going to share one of my favorite recipes from the book with you (but lets be honest, I love all of them otherwise they wouldn’t be in the book, now would they). Today I am sharing my cheesecake swirl brownies recipe!
I’ve made these brownies about a dozen times now, for different events with family and friends, as well as passed the recipe on to a few of them to make for themselves, and everyone LOVES them, so I’m sure you will too.
With a homemade sweet and creamy cheesecake filling, swirled in throughout your favorite brownies – these brownies really are irresistible. The tangy cheesecake contrasts perfectly with the sweet chocolaty brownies. And you’ll get the rich flavor of both in every single bite.
The second surprise that I think you’ll love today, is in honor of my blog book tour, if you head to the bottom of this post you’ll find a giveaway! Three lucky readers have the chance to win a copy of my cookbook 50 Fixes for Brownie Mixes, and one of those people will be the grand prize winner and will get $100 to paypal or amazon, and some other great baking goodies! Head to the bottom of this post after the recipe to enter the giveaway!
If you want some more sneak peaks of my cookbook, be sure to check out the reviews on my blogger friend’s blogs here.
Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
- 1 18 oz box brownie mix
- egg, oil and water (as listed on box of brownie mix)
For the Cheesecake Swirl:
- 12 oz cream cheese, or Neufchatel cream cheese (1 1/2 8oz packages)
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven according to directions on brownie mix.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese for a couple of minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the egg, flour, sugar and vanilla and stir mixture till combined.
- Pour all but about 1/2 cup of the brownie batter into a prepared 9x13 pan.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Spoon the remaining brownie batter onto the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese and brownie batter together, creating a marbled effect.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into pieces.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
No purchase necessary to enter sweepstakes. Entrants must be 18 or older and reside in the United States. The giveaway begins on 9/23/16 at 12:00am MST and goes through 10/7/16 at 12:00am MST. Approximate retail value for price package is 160 dollars. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. The winner will be selected after the giveaway is over and after entries have been verified. The sponsors will not be held liable for any malfunction or damage of the products received. If winner does not contact Like Mother Like Daughter within 48 hours of winning, a new winner will be chosen. We have the right to publish the name of the winner and which entry was selected. The prize will be sent within two weeks. Facebook and Twitter are not involved with this giveaway at all. This giveaway is sponsored by Like Mother Like Daughter. Void where prohibited by law.