These Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars are so soft and thick, with a thick layer of buttery sweet frosting. They’re filled with, and topped with sprinkles for an adorably festive Christmas cookie bar!
Baking is one of my favorite parts of the holidays, well scratch that – first eating all the sweets is my favorite, then making them. There are so many good holiday treats that I love to make every year from peanut butter blossoms, to adorable Christmas tree sugar cookies. These Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars are definitely a new favorite of mine.
When I don’t want the hassle of actual sugar cookies, but I want the delicious flavor, these cookie bars are the perfect solution. These Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars are practically the same as my traditional Sugar Cookie Bars, but of course they’re jazzed up for Christmas.
The best things about Sugar Cookie Bars:
- No chilling the dough
- No rolling and cutting the dough
- So much easier to decorate
- Thick and soft cookie bars
How to make Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars:
Preheat your oven and grease a 9×13 pan. Mix your butter and granulated sugar together in a large bowl. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and cream cheese. In another bowl whisk together your dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients until you have a nice soft dough. The mix in the sprinkles.
Press the dough into the baking pan. Bake until the edges of the bars are lightly golden and the bars look cooked throughout. Let them cool completely.
Mix together all the ingredients for your frosting, then spread it evenly over the top of the cookie bars. Sprinkle the top nicely and evenly with the Christmas sprinkles. Let the frosting set, then cut the bars apart and serve.
Tips for making the best Sugar Cookie Bars:
- The bars are done baking when they look slightly golden around the edges, and the middle may still look a little underdone. They will keep cooking in the pan as they cool.
- There are so many fun ways to decorate these Christmas sugar cookie bars. You can tint your frosting red, or green for a fun look.
- You can decorate the bars topped with holiday m&ms, or holiday sprinkles
If you share these Christmas sugar cookie bars with your friends and family, you can almost guarantee they’ll be asking you for the recipe. These Christmas sugar cookie bars are such a fun, festive, and delicious holiday treat. And did I mention easy? Cause that’s definitely the best part!
More Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas Tree Cookies
- Christmas Ginger Cookies
- The Best Sugar Cookies
- Santa’s Cookies (small batch)
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2.5 cups flour (scooped and leveled)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Christmas jimmies
For The Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 TBS milk
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 drops food coloring (optional)
- 2 TBS assorted Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugar for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg, vanilla, and cream cheese and mix until they are combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the Christmas sprinkles into the batter.
- Slowly add in your flour mixture into the wet mixture, while stirring until everything is combined.
- Press the batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish and spread it out evenly with your hands or a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges just barely start to turn golden.
- Allow the bars to cool completely.
- Mix together all your ingredients for your frosting until fluffy creamy.
- Add in desired amount of food coloring.
- Spread frosting evenly over cooled cookie bars.
- Top with sprinkles, or Christmas m&ms, as desired.
- Cut into squares and serve.