This edible pumpkin cookie dough is the perfect easy fall treat. The recipe makes just a small bowlful of pumpkinny, spiced cookie dough, filled with chocolate chips. It’s perfect for late nights, or an afternoon snack.
Now I know you all love edible cookie dough as much as I do, so I knew I couldn’t resist making a fall-ified version. And this pumpkin cookie dough is a winner, and couldn’t be easier to make either!
I did a survey on our instagram page and just over half (literally 51%) said they thought it sounded yummy, and I couldn’t let them down, so here it is!
This edible pumpkin cookie dough makes just a small bowlful of pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough. It’s the perfect amount for one person, maybe two if you feel like sharing.
The pumpkin cookie dough can be enjoyed straight from the bowl with a spoon, or rolled up into balls, and you can just pop them in your mouth. Also if you roll the cookie dough into balls, you can just eat a couple of them at once if you want, then save the rest in a sealed container for later; when you’re craving something sweet.
I also dipped a couple of my cookie dough balls into melted chocolate, to make tasty little pumpkin cookie dough truffles. Which was the perfect treat to just pop a couple into my mouth after a long day. I was able to make about 8 balls of cookie dough, each about 1 Tablespoon in size.
I stuck them in the freezer for a bit to get them hard, and easier to dip. Then it was about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips melted in the microwave with about 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Dunk them into the chocolate, and carefully remove the balls with a fork. Then place them on parchment paper until the chocolate is set and hardened.
How to make edible pumpkin cookie dough?
Pumpkin cookie dough can literally be made in minutes, with just one bowl. You’ll just mix all your ingredients in, adding a couple at a time and voila.
Start by mixing together your butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Then add in the pumpkin purée and vanilla extract, and stir it all together.
Then add in all your dry ingredients, flour, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir it all together till you have a nice dough. (Start with 5 TBS of flour, then add a bit more as needed if your dough is too soft or wet). Taste a teeny bit of the dough and see if it needs more cinnamon. Stir in your chocolate chips and enjoy!
This edible pumpkin cookie dough is a perfect fall treat. It can be made in just a few minutes, and has the perfect flavors of pumpkin and fall spice, and is filled with chocolate chips.
Looking for more edible cookie dough recipes?
- Edible Cookie Dough for One
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- Edible Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Oreos
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough
- 1 TBS butter (softened, unsalted )
- 1 TBS granulated white sugar
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 TBS pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-6 TBS all purpose flour **
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (to taste - add more just before the chocolate chips if you think the flavor isn’t enough)
- 1/8 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 3 TBS chocolate chips
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and stir it all together.
- Mix in 5 Tablespoons of the flour, the salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. (If the dough is still too wet and soft, add in more flour 1 teaspoon at a time)
- Taste the cookie dough and see if you need more cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and enjoy.