Edible Sugar Cookie Dough for one is a delicious egg free, safe, sugar cookie dough recipe that is stuffed full of sprinkles, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips for a delicious funfetti treat!
Edible sugar cookie dough is a fun treat, because who doesn’t love eating a few bites of cookie dough before you bake up a batch of cookies?! Its so easy to throw together in only a couple minutes, and now you have delicious, sugar cookie dough to eat!
You all know how much I love eggless cookie dough, so I just knew I had to make an edible sugar cookie dough version. I always love eating a few bites of the cookie dough when I make a batch of sugar cookies, but this recipe is much safer for me (and you) to eat on its own because its made without raw eggs or raw flour to eliminate most salmonella and e. coli bacteria risks.
This recipe makes just the right amount of sugar cookie dough for one (or two if you really want to share), so its the perfect late night treat after your kids have gone to bed, or just whenever you’re craving it. It makes just a small bowlful so its just right for one or two people.
How to Make Edible Sugar Cookie Dough?
To make this sugar cookie dough you’ll cream up some butter and sugar (just like if you were making a batch of cookies). Add in some vanilla extract, and milk. You use milk instead of egg to keep this cookie dough safe to eat. Then add in some flour and salt. Add a little more flour or a little more salt, as needed to get the cookie dough consistency that you like.
Now if you want to add in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, and sprinkles, now is the time. Fold them into the batter and it’s ready to eat. You can eat it now with a spoon, or roll it into little dough balls to eat that way. Sometimes I like keeping a few of the balls in the fridge to eat later.
They’re stay good in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
Tips and Tricks:
- The cookie dough is delicious on its own, but its especially fun to eat if you fill it with some sprinkles. You can use any sprinkles that you have on hand, I used some jimmies (which are the tiny sprinkle rods in a variety of colors), but confetti sprinkles, non pareils, or whatever you have on hand.
- The cookie dough is really tasty when filled with white chocolate chips and milk (or semi sweet) chocolate chips too. They give nice little bites of crunch and flavor throughout the dough, but since they aren’t typical for sugar cookies, you are welcome to decide if you want them or not in the dough!
- You can add whatever your favorite mix-ins are to this cookie dough. Chocolate chips, pretzels, peanut butter cups, you name it!
- The sugar cookie dough can be eaten as is, or you can roll it up into cookie dough balls to eat! The cookie dough balls can be eaten right away, or if you want to save a couple for later, they freeze up great!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it OK to eat sugar cookie dough?
It is absolutely safe to eat this edible sugar cookie dough because there are no raw eggs, and the flour is heat treated to remove any harmful bacteria.
How to store edible cookie dough?
Edible sugar cookie dough should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days. It will firm up some in the fridge so you can let it thaw for a few minutes before enjoying if you like it softer.
You can also freeze the cookie dough. I like to roll it into balls, and store them in a freezer safe zip top bag or wrapped in plastic wrap.. They can be saved for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Thaw the cookie dough bites in the fridge until soft, or eat them straight from frozen.
How long to bake flour for edible cookie dough?
Heat your oven to 350 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the flour across the cookie sheet and bake for about 5 minutes. You can also check the flour with a food thermometer, you’ll want the temperature of the flour to reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is a great easy recipe for a quick treat for when you’re craving raw cookie dough. It’s got the same favorite flavors of the real thing from your favorite sugar cookie recipe, but it’s made safe to eat. Perfect for a sweet treat when that craving strikes.
Looking for more edible cookie dough recipes:
- Eggless Cookie Dough
- Cookie Dough Pops
- Cookie Dough Oreos
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- 6 TBS flour
- 2 TBS unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 TBS white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 TBS white chocolate chips
- 2 TBS chocolate chips
- 1 TBS sprinkles
- Spread flour out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook it at 350 F for 5 minutes to heat treat the flour. (I often heat treat more flour and save it for later in an airtight container since this is such a small amount)
- In a small bowl, cream together your butter and your white sugar until mixed.
- Add in the vanilla and milk and stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and salt until mixed. Add a teeny bit more flour if needed for the right texture.
- Dump in the white chocolate and chocolate chips, and sprinkles if desired.
- Eat immediately, or roll into cookie balls before eating.