Anyway, this turned out delicious and its definitely a recipe I would make again. The sauce however was a little runny, so I think next time I might add some cornstarch or flour to thicken it up a little. Enjoy.
6 cups diced potatoes (probably was about 6 potatoes)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (divided)
1/4 cup grated onion (optional)
diced ham (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil potato for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix soup, butter, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, (onion), salt and pepper.
4. Add potatoes (and ham) and stir gently till combined.
5. Put potato mixture in 9×13-inch baking pan.
6. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
7. Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.