This gingerbread cookie dough is such a delicious holiday treat. It’s an egg free, edible cookie dough with the great taste of ginger cookies, with a sweet and spicy molasses flavor in every bite.
Our Ginger Cookies are one of my favorite holiday cookies, so why not make a cookie dough version to share with you?! This Gingerbread Cookie Dough is so delicious! It’s got the perfect flavor mixture of molasses, cinnamon, and ginger all wrapped up in a tasty edible cookie dough!
This gingerbread cookie dough is so good you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful, but it’s also good in any recipe where you might use your favorite edible cookie dough recipes. Make some cookie dough truffles (I think white chocolate would be delicious), or stuff it in the middle of some Golden Oreos, or even make some cookie dough ice cream with it. One more, our Reindeer Cookie Dough Balls would be even more perfect for the holidays if they were stuffed full of this ginger cookie dough!
This would also be so fun to package up in these cute little jars with a lid and a bow and share with your friends and neighbors as a delicious holiday treat!
Ingredients Needed to make Gingerbread Cookie Dough:
- all purpose flour
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
How to make Gingerbread Cookie Dough?
Spread the flour out on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven for a few minutes. Then let it cool completely.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, molasses, milk, and vanilla and mix them together until nice and smooth.
Add in the flour, and dried spiced and mix until fully combined.
Add in the white chocolate chips.
Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge until wanted.
Tips for making Gingerbread Cookie Dough:
- This recipe is more of a sweet over spicy gingerbread cookie dough, if you want a stronger spice flavor you can add more ginger and cinnamon.
- If you use unsalted butter add in about 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make sure to use unsulfured molasses otherwise it will taste less sweet and kind of chemically. I also prefer using light, medium, or dark molasses, not blackstrap because that is quite bitter.
- Add more flour to your dough if it is too soft to your liking, one Tablespoon at a time.
- You can leave out the white chocolate chips, or substitute them for regular chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, cinnamon chips, nuts, or other delicious mix-ins.
How to store Gingerbread Cookie Dough?
This cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can eat it straight from the fridge, and it will be a more firm consistency, or let it soften at room temperature to gooey back up again.
I also like rolling the cookie dough into little balls and storing them in the fridge that way. Then I can just pop one or two out of the fridge when I need a sweet treat.
This edible gingerbread cookie dough is the perfect easy holiday treat. It’s sweet, with the best molasses flavor. It’s great to enjoy by the spoonful, or use in other recipes.
Looking for more gingerbread recipes?
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Gingerbread Truffles
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
- Gingerdoodle Cookies
- Gingerbread Loaf on The View from Great Island
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars on Shugary Sweets
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Edible Gingerbread Cookie Dough
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 6 TBS brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the flour out on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Set the pan aside and let the flour cool.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, molasses, milk, and vanilla to a medium sized bowl and cream them together for a couple of minutes, until smooth.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips (and sprinkles).
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge.
Leave a Reply