This heart shaped chocolate chip cookie is a big chocolate chip cookie that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. It’s a perfect dessert to share with your loved ones!
This heart shaped chocolate chip cookie is the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day, because it’s loaded with red, and pink, and white m&ms, and it’s shaped like a heart ;). But it’s a fun dessert to enjoy for yourself, or to share with your sweetheart, or your friends, or your whole family.
I try and make the holidays fun for my kids, last year they came home from school to this fun Valentine’s Dessert Board, and how fun would this bigcookie be for them to come home to this year!?
You can of course add any mix-ins you would like. I went with chocolate chips and Valentine m&ms, but white chocolate chips, or peanut butter cups, or chopped nuts would all be delicious!
You can also top the edges of the cookie with some chocolate frosting or pipe someone’s name on it, or something like LOVE, text me, be mine, or some other fun conversation heart saying.
This heart shaped chocolate chip cookie can be made in one bowl with just a spoon, though you can use a mixer if you want, too. It’s so easy, and really only takes a few minutes to mix up, and a few minutes to bake, and voila. And you don’t even need a special heart shaped pan to make it!
How to make a heart shaped chocolate chip cookie?
Cream together the butter and sugars in a medium sized bowl. Mix them together for a couple minutes until the mixture is a light color, and looks a bit fluffy. Add in the egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt until you have a nice and soft cookie dough. Then mix in the chocolate chips and m&ms.
Place and shape the dough on the middle of a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner, and press it out to a heart shape that is about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick. You are going to want to shape the cookie dough with your hands. You will want to exaggerate the inner v of the heart in between the two bumps at the top, and the bottom v at the bottom to still allow the cookie to spread a little as it bakes.
Bake the cookie until the edges are set and lightly golden, and the center looks mostly done, but still soft (it will keep cooking on the pan when it’s removed from the oven). It only takes about 10 minutes when I do it.
This giant heart shaped cookie is soft, and chewy, with just barely crispy edges, it’s sweet, and loaded with chocolate chips and m&ms. It’s adorable, and perfect for enjoying as a treat alone, with your loved one, or your whole family.
It’s delicious on it’s own, just tear it into pieces and enjoy. But it’s also delicious served straight from the oven and topped with vanilla ice cream!
More Valentine Dessert Recipes:
- Conversation Heart Pretzel Treats
- Valentine Pretzels
- Strawberry Chex Mix
- Red Velvet Cake Balls
- Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick, softened)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 TBS granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup flour (spooned and leveled, or weighed)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup m&ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and cream it all together for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Stir in the egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda, and stir it all together till you have a soft cookie dough.
- Add in the m&ms and chocolate chips, and fold them evenly into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet and press it out into a large heart, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Exaggerate the inner and bottom v of the heart since the cookie will grow a bit as it bakes.
- Bake the cookie until the edges are golden and set, and the center looks barely cooked. (You'll want to watch it closely since the cooking time can vary greatly based on the thickness of your dough) Mine have been done in 10 minutes every time.
- Top the cookie with additional m&ms, chocolate chips, and now sprinkles if desired, for a cuter appearance.
- Let the cookie cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before digging in, or transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.