This lasagna soup is the perfect way to get the flavors of lasagna in a delicious bowl of hot, comforting soup! It’s made in one pot and stuffed full of delicious Italian flavors, seasoned beef, tomatoes, and lots of cheese – just like your favorite layered lasagna.
Lasagna is one of my favorite meals. I don’t make it very often though, because it’s so time consuming to cook the beef, the noodles, mix the cheeses, and layer it all together, then bake it all up.
Enter in — this delicious one pot lasagna soup. It has the same delicious flavors of a traditional lasagna in every bite. But instead of a cheesy layered lasagna, it’s a hearty comforting hot bowl of soup.
This lasagna soup can be made in less than an hour, honestly it’s ready in only like 40 minutes, with only about 15 minutes of active work.
This lasagna soup is made in one pot, starting with simmering the onions, and ground beef, and ending with the noodles cooking right into the tomato-ey soup broth. Then you’ll top each bowl with some fresh ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese
I’m taking advantage of making warm and heartwarming soups, as long as I can with the weather staying cool. I’m eating this chicken gnocchi soup, slow cooker chicken noodle soup, as many times as I can before the weather warms up and I’ll start enjoying some of my warm weather favorites like these .
And you can bet as soon as the weather cools down again in the fall, I’ll be busting out my cold weather favorites again. Including this lasagna soup.
This soup is so heartwarming, flavorful, and delicious. It’s perfect shared with a side salad, and a big loaf of fresh french bread.
This lasagna soup is packed with an Italian herbed, tomato-ey broth, that is stuffed full of ground beef, lasagna noodle pieces, and topped with a heaping mound of cheese. Because lots of cheese is always a good idea.
How to make Lasagna Soup?
You’ll heat up some olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add some diced onions to the oil and saute them till their nice and soft. Add in some minced garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
Add in the ground beef. You can also use ground sausage, or ground turkey, or half and half of any of the three. Heat it up till the meat is cooked through. Then drain out the grease.
Add in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, italian seasoning (you can use a premade mix from the store, or use about 1/2 TBS each of parsley, basil and oregano), salt, and pepper. Add in the noodle pieces too.
First add 4 cups of chicken broth and as your mixture cooks up if it’s too thick for your liking, add up to 2 more cups.
Bring the mixture to a boil, and keep it cooking until the noodles are tender. It was about 20 minutes total for me.
While the noodles are cooking mix together your mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and ricotta.
Scoop the soup into bowls and top each bowl with a scoop of the cheese. Stir the cheese into the soup as you eat it and it will make it nice and melty in every bite.
This soup is one of my new favorites, and my whole family loved it. My kids even went back for seconds. I hope you’ll try it and love it as much as we do!
This lasagna soup is a real winner, made in only one pot, it means easy clean up, ready in less than 40 minutes, and a delicious, heartwarming meal.
It’s the perfect way to get the delicious flavors of lasagna wrapped up in a bowl of soup. Perfect for a cool day!
Looking for more Pasta dishes:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Pesto pasta salad
- One Pot Sausage Pasta
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Italian Pasta Salad
- One Pan Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Toasted Ravioli
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef (can be subbed for italian sausage, or half and half)
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 4-6 cups chicken broth (start with 4, add more as needed for a thinner soup)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TBS Italian seasonings
- 10 lasagna noodles (broken into 1-2 inch pieces)
For the Cheese Topping:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add your olive oil to a large stock pot and heat over medium high.
- Add in the diced onion and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions get fragrant and start to turn translucent.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the ground beef, and cook until its cooked through, stirring often. Drain out the grease.
- Dump in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken broth (start with 4 cups), salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and broken lasagna noodles.
- Continue to cook as the mixture comes to a boil, and cook until the noodles are cooked through. Stir occasionally. It should take about 15-20 minutes. Add more chicken broth as it cooks if needed for the consistency you want for the soup.
For the Cheese Topping:
- While the soup is cooking, mix together the mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta, and salt in a small bowl.
- Once the noodles are cooked through scoop the soup into individual bowls.
- Top each soup bowl with about 2 TBS of the ricotta mixture.
- Serve hot. Stir the cheese mixture into the soup as you eat.