When I first saw this one pan chicken alfredo from No 2 Pencil, I knew it was something I had to make soon and so I added it to my Pinterest “Noodles” board and like things often do on Pinterest, it stays there for a while.
But, I will say I am not one of those pinners who pins hundreds of things and never makes them. Except maybe the crafts and diys I pin. Maybe one day…
Anyway, I’m trying out this meal planning thing once again, not necessarily certain meals for certain days, because sometimes I’m just not in the mood, but certain meals at least for certain weeks, or for my two week period where I make a grocery list for everything I’ll need in those 2 weeks and stay away from the grocery store otherwise. Good luck to me on that one.
Anyway, I didn’t stick to the original recipe very much with this one, despite how delicious hers looks. But I took it as a starting point and went from there. I had to add butter to mine, because who can have alfredo without butter? And I added some bacon bits too. Because everything is better with bacon, right?
Okay, well here’s the recipe. It turned out totally delicious!
One Pan Chicken Alfredo Pasta
1 TBS oil
2 large chicken breasts
1 TBS minced garlic
6 TBS butter
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or half and half)
2/3 cup water
1 tsp chicken bouillon
1 tsp italian herbs
1/2 pound short pasta noodles
1/4 cup bacon bits (optional)
1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cut your chicken pieces up into 1/2 inch or 1 inch pieces.
2. Add oil and chicken pieces to a large pan and cook over medium high heat.
3. Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper while cooking.
4. Allow chicken to start to brown.
5. Add minced garlic and saute with chicken for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add butter and allow it to start to melt before adding cream, water, chicken bouillon, herbs and uncooked pasta noodles.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes until noodles are tender. Stir every few minutes.
9. Add parmesan cheese and bacon bits and stir together.
10. Serve hot.
Enjoy this easy and delicious pasta dish, with especially easy clean up!