This one pot chicken alfredo pasta is a delicious pasta dish, with a rich and creamy sauce, that is ready in only about 30 minutes!
One Pot Chicken Alfredo pasta is so delicious, and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. It’s got a rich, buttery, creamy sauce, that is so delicious, and coats the noodles and chicken perfectly, for an amazingly flavorful pasta dish.
This one pot chicken alfredo is the perfect dinner dish for those crazy nights when you want a delicious dinner in a hurry. Instead of cooking the pasta noodles in one pot, the chicken in one, and the sauce in another, it’s all cooked together in one pot, to save on time cooking, and to save on clean up.
It’s a great way to get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes! Pair it with a side salad, and some garlic bread for a full yummy meal!
How to make One Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
- Cook the chicken in a large pot over medium high heat, until it’s browned on the sides. Add in your garlic and cook it for a couple more minutes. Add the butter to the pan, and let it start to melt.
- Pour in the heavy cream, and chicken broth.
- Add in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and noodles, and let the mixture come to a boil. Once boiling, lower the temperature a bit so the liquid is just simmering. Cook the mixture until the noodles are tender, and the liquid is thick and creamy.
- Add the parmesan cheese, and bacon pieces and stir it all together till the cheese is melted into the sauce. Serve the pasta up hot!
Tips for making One Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta:
- You can use whatever your favorite short or medium pasta noodle is for this recipe. Penne, rotini, farfalle, shells, ziti, rigatoni, cavatapi etc. As the recipe is written it is not made for long pasta noodles because it is harder to get them cooked evenly in one pot.
- You can use half and half instead of heavy cream, but your pasta sauce won’t be as creamy or rich if you do.
- You could add in some vegetables to make the dish even heartier. Add in cut up pieces of vegetables about half way through the cooking time of the pasta. Try broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, peas etc.
This one pot chicken alfredo pasta is bursting with buttery, richness. It’s full of flavor, and so easy to make! It’s all made in one pot, and is the perfect recipe for busy weeknight dinners!
More One Pot Recipes:
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- One Pot Sausage Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
One Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 TBS olive oil (you can substitute butter)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 6 TBS butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper (divided, to taste)
- 1 tsp salt (divided, to taste)
- 8 oz short or medium pasta
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken breasts up to 1/2 inch or 1 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Add in the chicken, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Allow the chicken to cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, with the chicken.
- Add butter to the pan, and allow it to start to melt.
- Then add in the heavy cream, chicken broth, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, and uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Once the pasta is boiling, reduce the temperature to cook the noodles at a simmer. Allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the pasta is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in parmesan cheese until melted, and bacon pieces (if desired).
- Serve pasta hot.
This one pot chicken alfredo pasta was first posted on October 11, 2013. The photos and text of the post were updated on January 8, 2020.