Mint chocolate chip ice cream pie starts with a buttery Oreo crust, filled with creamy mint ice cream, topped with whipped cream, and drizzled with caramel and chocolate syrups. Its going to be your new favorite frozen dessert!
This delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream pie has a homemade chocolatey oreo crust, filled with a creamy mint chocolate chip ice cream, topped with whipped cream and drizzled with caramel and chocolate syrup! Its going to become your new favorite frozen dessert!
This mint chocolate chip ice cream pie is my favorite ice cream pie, hands down. It has an amazing Oreo crust, which is coated in caramel sauce before adding the ice cream mixture. And the top is drizzled with even more caramel and chocolate syrup for the ultimate ice cream pie.
Now you could use a premade cookie crust but because the crust is one of my favorite parts I am going to recommend that you make your own. The homemade Oreo crust is going to put it one step above the rest, maybe even two, three, or four. And its made of only ground Oreo cookies and butter. The Oreo crust may be my favorite part and it is really easy to make. I placed 15 Oreos in my blender, pulsed on high for about 1 or 2 minutes and the crumbs were perfectly fine and ready to mix with the melted butter. Stir those together and pat the mixture into the bottom of a pie pan and slightly up the sides. You’ll bake it for 7 minutes and voila you have the most amazing Oreo pie crust. (If you do choose to use a store bought crust than that will make this delicious frozen dessert no bake, which of course is a winner too.)
The mint ice cream is softened a little and mixed with some cool whip (or homemade whipped cream, if you prefer) which makes it extra creamy and so delicious. After freezing the pie, you’ll add a thin layer of more whipped cream on top and drizzle each slize with a little caramel and chocolate syrups to finish everything off and make the pie even better.
From the crust to the chocolate syrup on top, you have the best mint chocolate chip ice cream pie you could ever imagine eating. And its perfect for all those mint ice cream lovers out there! I haven’t tried it yet, but I think it would be extra tasty with my homemade no churn mint chocolate chip ice cream for the middle!
Aren’t you ready to dive right in and take a big slice?
- 20 Oreo Cookies - crushed (or use store bought Oreo crust) and divided
- 4 TBS butter - melted
- 8 oz caramel syrup - divided
- 1 quart mint chocolate ice cream
- 6 oz cool whip - divided
- 4 oz chocolate syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 18 Oreo cookies in your blender or food processor, using the pulse button crush the Oreo cookies to a pretty fine consistency.
- In a medium bowl pour your cookie crumbs and melted butter, mix completely.
- Spread the Oreo cookie crumbs in the bottom of a 9" pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 7 minutes in your oven. Remove, and allow to cool.
- Pour 5 oz of the caramel syrup on top of the pie crust and spread all around the crust.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and soften enough to mix. (about 5 minutes)
- In a large bowl place the ice cream and 4 oz of cool whip. Mix together with a large wooden spoon.
- Spread the softened ice cream into pie plate over the caramel and cookie crust.
- Wrap completely with plastic wrap and then foil.
- Place in the freezer to harden for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove pie from freezer and spread remaining cool whip over the top.
- Drizzle caramel and chocolate syrup over the top of the cool whip.
- Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreo cookies over the top.
- Slice and enjoy.
I may be drooling a bit just imaging having another slice of this!
For more mint chocolate goodness, try these: