These mummy rice krispie treats are such an easy, and adorable Halloween treat!
I’m not obsessed with Halloween, but I do love making Halloween themed treats, and these mummy rice krispie treats couldn’t be any easier to make!
Happy October by the way!! I’ve already shared a few Halloween treats, with our Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats, Halloween Popcorn Balls, and Monster Rice Krispie Treats!
These cute treats start with rice krispie treats, you can make them homemade or buy the snack sized rice krispie treats from the store. After you’ve got your rice krispie treats you dip them in white candy melts, or melted white chocolate chips. The candy melts make them extra easy, because the chocolate sets super quickly and covers the rice krispie treats so smoothly. Add some candy eyes and then drizzle more white chocolate over the top of it all to make the mummy wraps.
You’ll love how easy these treats are to make, and you can even let your kids help you make them! They’re ready in only about 15 minutes, and they might be the cutest rice krispie treats there ever were. Though its hard to compete with the other cute Halloween rice krispie treats we’ve shared the last couple of tweeks. At least, they’re the cutest mummy rice krispie treats, right?
Not to mention, they are delicious too. What could be better than a rice krispie treat dipped in white chocolate? Its a sugar overload, but who doesn’t love crunchy gooey marshmallow-ey treats dipped in chocolate!?
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Mummy Rice Krispie Treats recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- rice krispie treats – store-bought rice krispie treats, or homemade rice krispies treats with crisp rice cereal, mini marshmallows, and butter
- white candy melts or white chocolate chips – candy melts are easier to melt and dip, but white chocolate chips might have a better flavor.
- candy eyeballs – you should be able to find these in the baking aisle near sprinkles.
How to make Mummy Rice Krispies Treats?
- Make your rice krispie treats, and cut them up into 2×3 rectangles.
- Place the white candy melts or chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second intervals, or follow the package directions on the candy melts until you can stir the melted chocolate totally smooth.
- Dip the rice krispie treat squares into the candy melts to fully coat the top of the treats, and partially onto the sides. Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper and let them sit until the chocolate hardens.
- Scoop the remaining white chocolate into a small ziplock bag or piping bag and snip a small corner off with scissors.
- Squeeze a little white chocolate onto the bottom of each of the googly eyes and place them onto the top third of the bars for the mummy’s eyes.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the crispy treats in random criss cross patterns to look like the mummy wrap. Let the chocolate fully set then serve up the bars.
Tips and Tricks:
- Stick a lollipop stick or popsicle stick into the bottom of the rice krispie treats to make a rice krispie treat pop, like we have on our monster rice krispie treats.
- These Halloween rice krispies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days for the best results.
- These cute mummies will melt in the direct sunlight. Keep them in a shaded spot, or a spot out of the sunlight/window light when storing in the house.
- If you’re making homemade rice krispie treats I recommend cooking them on low heat to keep the treats gooey and sticky. I also love adding about 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the marshmallow and butter mix for a nice flavor.
These mummy rice krispie treats are so much fun for easy Halloween treats. They’re great for Halloween parties, a Halloween movie night, or for a classroom or work party.
Looking for more Mummy Recipes?
- Mummy Pizzas
- White Chocolate Mummy Oreos
- Mummy Brownies on Vera Sweeney
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffle Mummies on Creme de la Crumb
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 20 oz white candy melts
- 48 candy eyes
- 1 9x13 pan rice krispie treats (cut into 24 pieces, or 24 Snack sized Rice Krispie treats)
- Place white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, and melt in the microwave according to package directions.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip rice krispie treats into the candy melts, to fully coat the top of the treats. (You can cover the sides if you'd like as well) Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining rice krispie treats.
- Allow to set until candy hardens, or place in the fridge for 2-3 minutes if needed.
- Spoon remaining chocolate into a small ziplock bag.
- Snip the corner of the bag off with scissors.
- Squeeze a little white chocolate onto the bottom of each of the eye balls, to place 2 onto each rice krispie treat.
- Drizzle chocolate across the top of the rice krispie treats in a random pattern to create the look of a mummy wrap. Repeat with additional rice krispie treats.
- Allow chocolate to fully set.
- Serve immediately. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 or 6 days.