These Oreo Spiders are such a fun, creepy, crawly Halloween treat. They’re made with only 4 ingredients, a great no bake treat and are super easy to make!
Halloween is just around the corner, and these Halloween Oreo Cookie Spiders are such a great treat to make for any spooky occasion. They’re such a fun treat for Halloween parties, school events, a costume party, or a Halloween movie night. They are so cute and so easy to make too. They are sure to be a hit with the whole family!
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Oreo Spider Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Oreo Cookies – Just classic Oreos, or other Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Vanilla Frosting – I grabbed a can from the grocery store to make this extra easy
- Chocolate Pocky Sticks – just grab a couple boxes from the store.
- Candy Eyeballs – these can be found near the sprinkles at most grocery stores, or in the cake baking section at a craft store.
How to make Oreo Spiders?
- Start by untwisting one of your Oreos to reveal the creme filling in the middle. Spread on a little of the vanilla frosting with a knife, on top of the creme filling. Cut the Pocky sticks into 1 to 1.5 inch sections. Press four Pocky stick pieces on to each side of the Oreo to make the spider legs.
- Press the Oreo top back onto the Oreo gently, so it sticks to the vanilla frosting. Add a small amount of frosting to the bottom of two candy eyes and place them onto the Oreo between the sets of legs. Repeat with additional Oreos and frosting.
- Instead of using chocolate pocky for the spider legs, you could also use pretzel sticks. Or for a wiggly leg look use black shoestring licorice.
- For a full black/brown spider look, get Oreos with Chocolate Flavor Creme, and canned Chocolate Frosting for the middle. You could also substitute Cream Cheese Frosting for the vanilla.
- Instead of a white icing, you could use melted chocolate, or candy melts. Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave them in 30 second increments, until you can stir the chocolate smooth. Add the chocolate inside the Oreo to hold the eyes, and for the back of the cute candy eyes.
- Instead of candy eyes, try using M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces for the spider eyes.
These Oreo spider cookies are a great dessert to prepare in advance. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
These creepy-crawly spiders are such a fun and tasty treat! They are such cute little guys, and are so much fun for a Halloween party!
More Halloween treats:
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Halloween Whoopie Pies
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- Ghost Brownies
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Bars
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 13.29 oz Oreos
- 16 oz Vanilla frosting
- 5 oz Chocolate Pocky Sticks
- 1 oz Candy Eye Balls
- Untwist the Oreos to reveal the creme filling in the middle.
- Spread a layer of vanilla frosting on top of the Creme Filling with a butter knife.
- Cut the Pocky sticks into 1 to 1.5 inch sections.
- Add four of the chocolate Pocky sticks to each side of the Oreo.
- Add the Oreo top back onto the Oreo, pressing it into the vanilla frosting to make it stick.
- Add a small dab of frosting to the back of two candy eyes and attach them to the top of the Oreo Spider.
- Repeat with additional Oreos to make as many Spider cookies as you need.