This is not your typical cheese ball, this is a creamy, peanut buttery and covered in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips for an amazing sweet dip/spread.
Today is national peanut butter day. So I’m going to be sharing an amazing peanut butter “cheese” ball recipe with you. Its cream cheese base, so it is real cheese, but its not your typical cheese ball, obviously, since its sweet instead of savory.
Its creamy, peanut buttery and covered in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips for an amazing sweet dip/spread. It kind of reminds me of the taste of peanut butter cookie dough, mixed with peanut butter cheesecake, so yeah its good.
It tastes great with graham crackers, cookies, pretzels or whatever. And would be great for the superbowl, or really any party, just saying.
So this year I am going to be doing something new and fun with some of my local blogger friends. Each month we have chosen a food holiday to celebrate and we will each be sharing a delicious recipe based on that food on that food holiday. So for national peanut butter day is this peanut butter cheese ball recipe, and then another 8 tasty recipes for you to look forward to, just scroll past the recipe to find the links to their recipes.
Peanut Butter "Cheese" Ball
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Beat your cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add in your brown sugar, vanilla, powdered sugar and peanut butter and mix till smooth.
- Scoop your peanut butter mixture into the middle of a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour or until cheese ball is mostly firm.
- Dump chocolate chips and peanut butter chips onto a large flat plate and mix.
- Remove cheese ball from wrap and roll it into the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Press chips into empty spots if necessary.
- Place ball into freezer for about an hour. If keeping in freezer overnight, remove about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with graham crackers, cookies, pretzels and more.
Enjoy this creamy peanut butter cheese ball for a delicious treat peanut butter lovers will crave!
For more of my favorite peanut butter desserts, try these:
Copycat Jamba Juice Chocolate Peanut Butter Moo’d Smoothie on Tried and Tasty // Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting on Cupcake Diaries // Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip on Butter with a Side of Bread // Avalanche Bars on Real Mom Kitchen // Peanut Butter Ice Cream on Ashlee Marie // Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Energy Bites on Happy Food Healthy Life // Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake on Creations by Kara // Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars on Summer Scraps